cundair

Brisbane, Australia

Good morning,

I am heading to Brisbane Australia this summer, (well more precisely, Gold Coast in July), and I'm wondering about nearby DZ's. (I could travel a day so the radius would be whatever could be reached in one full day driving.)

I am wondering about license requirements etc...

I'm not sure which of the many DZ's listed in Australia are close to Brisbane?

Any help would be appreciated! I would really like to visit a few
DZ's...

Thanks,

Troy

In a day from Gold Coast, you can reach a few DZs.

The two I'm familiar with are Toogoolawah and Byron Bay. Toogoolawah has a great atmosphere and nice facilities. They operate a couple of Caravans. Byron Bay runs a Caravan & Cessna of some sort...

edit: July is winter, not summer.

In one day driving from the gold coast he could reach all south queensland DZs and everything down to Picton aswell, it's only 12 hours drive Brisbane to Sydney:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Say what? 12 hours? Then he says hi and immediately turns around for a 12 hour return? That seems to eat up the day...

(I could travel a day so the radius would be whatever could be reached in one full day driving.)

From his post:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Flying Tiger Airlines

Most aussies won't recognise that name.:P

I'd recommend Toogoolawah.
Byron Bay is way too far to drive.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Flying Tiger Airlines

Most aussies won't recognise that name.:P

I'd recommend Toogoolawah.
Byron Bay is way too far to drive.

There's a boogie at Byron 1-4 July though. Two Galahs has only a learning curve camp listed for July.

nothing to see here

Well actually it depends which way you drive from Brisbane and which part of Brisbane you come from. My personal suggestion would be to visit a few different DZ's.

From Brisbane you can head straight down the pacific highway (motorway) to Byron Bay and you'll average 100km/hr. About one and a half hour to the DZ. You may say I am biased toward Byron Bay because I live here, however I would recommend visiting Toogoolawah just as much.

Have fun and check out as many DZs in Oz as you can.