Remster

Arizona days

Are you going to dance in a grass skirt? I'd come to see that!

If he is, it's just another reason to stay away:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm supposed to be moving to AZ that weekend, so I'll see if I can get there for at least Sunday. I'll be driving out of Texas Friday morning and staying at a rest stop on the way if I can't make it the 18 hours all in one day. :S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Well, this is Eloy we're talking about. The last time I was there, which was last week to be exact, not ONE person introduced themselves or even wanted to say hello. I TRIED to talk to a few and they turned their backs on me... So, after the love I got from them last week, I think I'll take 18 hours to drive the drive. I'm in no rush to get back in the air over Eloy. [:/]

But, yes... I am a true skydiver, so I am going to be looking for DZs on my way... ;)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Last weekend? I was there Saturday. I jumped with people with less the 100 jumps. Had a few Sierra Nevadas with others at the bar afterwards... I even tricked super freeflyer skygods to take me flying headdown!

It was slow, but you do realise it was kinda dead at the DZ since 3/4 of the people were at Nationals right?
Remster

Yeah.. I realized it was going to be slow. I was out there on Thursday, and decided to come back on Monday thinking it would be busier since it was Labor Day. But, the only four people who actually said hello to me (after I said it first) the few hours I was there was a visitor from New Mexico (he was doing the tunnel), a visitor from Israel (experienced jumper), Phil (instructor) and Kyle (packer). Kinda bummed me out. I guess I'm used to Texas' hospitality. But, like I said, I'll try to get out there one more time to give it another go. Three times a charm, right? :S

Please try not to judge from one weekend. Usually people are very friendly. Most of the time intoducing themselves. Could have just been a slow weekend. People have a tendencie to just lay around on the floor doing nothing when it's like that. When I get back home in Oct. I'll jump with ya, well if you freefly, cause I can't do rw.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

It was just quiet since everyone was at Nationals I bet...

That said I'll be there from Thursday to Sunday.

Eloy's over 1000 miles away from home for me now and I still jump there more than any other place. That should be an indication of how much I like it. ;)

Cheers!
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080