barroch

From North of UK to Italy...

Ey up dudes!

I see there are quite a few DZs in Italy and I am planning a little trip there. I was wondering were the best place to jump in Italy was and if it is easy to fly out of an airport in the north of England. (Liverpool, Doncaster, Notts, Manchester, Coventry)

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Chris :ph34r: :P ;)

We where at Skydive Tortuga in Arezzo last week. We wanted to come on Monday, but the DZ was closed on Monday an Tuesday. I called and emailed a bunch of DZ north of Arezzo and did not find a single one that was opened during the week. We wanted to find one that where we could jump before we go to Arezzo. One offered to fly if we where more than 8 people another would have usually been open, but was closed also on Monday and Tuesday (pullou.it).

If its in the north of Italy skydive Tortuga in Arezzo is the place to be, maybe also pullout Ravenna, i don't know about the south.

If you decide to go to tortuga give them a call, if you are a group, i think they also pick you up at the airport with one of the jumpplanes. Also if you want to make a lot of jumps a day (>4) tell them at the manifest, so that they can plan. If there are not enough skydivers to keep the porter running all the time you want to be on most of the loads and they can arrange that. We made between 4 jumps on the first day and 10 jumps on Friday.

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

As FrancoR Suggested,

Check out Skydive tortuga (Arezzo), The most bad ass dropzone in Italy! Great Dz, great bar, fast aircraft, super friendly attitudes, also the local towns pretty good.........

Also if your into Freeflying check out The First School of Modern Skyflying! Olavs school is based there. (Instructors. Olav, Stefania and Manuel)

Have a great trip.

Agree about Tortuga in Arezzo-Olav's DZ is really great. Have jumped there many times and always learn something new and beautiful about freefly...
I live in Naples and jump down here when not up in Arezzo. Skydive Salerno is about an hour south of Naples on the coast (amazing views) and very laid-back. I always have a nice time there.