Taosson

Moving to Germany

Good evening,
I am in the Air Force and recently found out that I am going to be sent to Germany in about four months. I will be going to Geilenkirchen, which is on the western border near where belgium and the netherlands meet. The assignment is for 3.5 years and I am looking for a good place to jump. If anyone has any information about drop zones that are close to GK I would appreciate it. I am also interested in any information on 'large' DZ's or wind tunnels (skyventure type) in Europe that I may visit while stationed there. Oh, and if anyone knows where the nearest ski area to GK is, I would like that info also. Please be descriptive when you talk about where the DZ is, since I am not that familiar with the geographical location of stuff just yet.

Thanks and Blue Skies!

Kelley

Hello,

I suggest you go to Spa in Belgium, its about half an hour Drive from Geilenkirchen and its a huge Dropzone for European measures with a Grand and a small Caravan, Jump Tickets are about 20 Euros.
Check out their Homepage
http://p15109123.pureserver.info/english/

Blue Sky

Martin

Take care up there!

Skyventure UK will be opening in Milton Keynes, England, in October. Fly to Luton and then get a bus there. Alternatively Bodyflight Bedford will be opening this summer. It is a former Ministry of Defence vertical wind tunnel which has been adapted for skydivers. Again fly to Luton them get a bus to Bedford. Both tunnels are going to be within 30 miles of each other! Both also advertise on DZ.com so you'll be able to find maps and other details there.

as sugested before try spa as you will be more twords that area, i lived at spangdahlem back 99-01 and jumped in trier, there is also a dz in saarlois (turbine 206 so jump it once just to say you have it really is a coollittle plane) and another close to the belgian border too. have fun over there

... there is also a dz in saarlois (turbine 206 so jump it once just to say you have it really is a coollittle plane) ...

Hey, stay ther for the weekend. It's a really nice place which used to be my home DZ (and it's spelled Saarlouis) until I moved further south. Barbeque each Friday and Saturday night.
But to be honest - Spa is way closer to your new location and bigger.
You can also ask in the German forum to get some mor information - there are a lot of people writing there who jump at Spa.
Enjoy it
M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Come visit us at RAPA in Bad lippspringe.

We are located north east of Dortmund, it is a fair trek from where you are but being NATO forces you will be eligable for military rates.

We have 2 turbine Islanders (10 place A/C) bunkhouse, bar, showers etc. We operate 7 days a week and fly to 1300ft.

If you want any more info drop me an email.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.