berchtoldaj

Wet-N-Wildwood Swoop Comp

Wet-n-Wildwood
July 1-4 2005

Come join us as the North East Canopy Piloting League hosts its premier event. Similar to last year, this competition will take place on the beach in Wildwood NJ. A custom swoop pond will be constructed specifically for this event.

2005 Wildwood swoop competition will include the following events:

Carving accuracy - 3 rounds July 2nd

In-lane distance – 3 rounds July 2nd – 3rd

Freestyle – 3 rounds July 3rd

Team Expression – 2rounds July 4th

July 4th will be held as a rain date, and is also the scheduled date for the award ceremony on the wildwood board walk. All competitors should plan on July 1st as a practice day on the beach. Any competitors interested in additional practice jumps can join us at Skydive Cross Keys on Thursday June 30th where registered competitors will pay only $20 for helicopter practice jumps.

All competition, and practice jumps on the beach will be from a helicopter, at a cost of $25 ea. Competition and Boogie entry fee will be $50 and $25 respectively. Pre-Register by June 22nd and your Boogie entry fee will be waived.

$$ 4,500 cash prize and growing $$
Cash purse is currently $4,500 and rising based on total number of registered competitors.

The courses will be designed by our chief judge and competition director Heath Richardson. D license required.

For additional information, or early registration please contact Al Berchtold at [email protected] or Will Lajeunesse at 215-738-6257. Fax registration forms to 856-629-9710.
Watch out for planters.

This years pond will be twice as wide as last years. The layout of the comp will be the same with the pond right in front of the board walk, and the choppers loading about a block away.

It makes me fucking nuts that this was not announced sooner! I had a blast there last year and would have absolutely planned on returning if I knew they were doing a comp again (PST or not).

If anyone finds the millions of braincells that I left in that hotel room those three days/nights after the meet last year, please return them.

Chuck

Yahooo...the pond has appeared on the beach! Everybody do the traditional sunny skies dance so we can see some swoopin! And yes, I hear the prize money is substantial for this meet. Awesome! And, there are TWO helicopters arriving tomorrow.

Did I mention the SKYVAN IS COMING?
See everyody for practice jumps Friday!

Sorry for the delay in posting but here are the results of the Wet-N- Wildwood Swoop Competition.

1st- Scott Roberts- Velocity $2,500
2nd-Kaz Sheekey- Velocity $1,000
3rd-Will Lajeunesse- Velocity $500

Thanks to all who competed. We've already started planning for next year and were looking at least double the cash. And keep the weekend of October 1st available to come to Crosskeys, There's gonna be a BIG money comp there that weekend. See you then.
Watch out for planters.