Tasha76

Skydive in Italy

Arezzo!

WWW.SKYDIVETORTUGA.COM

you will have a great time there, meet Olav Zipser and his team, jump 7 days a week (thats the only place in italy that works like that) from 4.500 m +!
bunkhouses, pool, nice people, caravan, porter, etc!

its worth a little trip!

SMILE!

Ok let me explain, I'm italian and live in Italy.
Garda is in the northern part of Italy and probably the place where you will find plenty of skydivers is Ravenna on the Adriatic coast not to far away from Sirmione; probably an hour drive. Ravenna is close to the adriatic riviera and this makes it a perfect place in august.They fly a CASA almost like a skyvan.
The drop zone's name is Pull Out and they work 7 days a week in summer.
Thiene is nice but terribly hot and probably in august there will be no one around being it in the middle of nowhere.
Arezzo is awesome, has 2 planes pilatus and cesna grand caravan and is near florence. This is the place to be if you are in central Italy.
Fano is on the adriatic coast south of ravenna and is very nice especially in august when they have hot air baloon jumps and night jumps. Ali marce should be the name of the DZ
If you are going to visit Rome then come to NEttuno just 60km south of the capital and an awesome place to jump.
Have fun

I would reccomend Ravenna for the proximity and I would book a baloon jump in Fano if I were you.

Thanks all!Especially Kamalasound for the detailed description!
I'll try to go to DZ Pull Out.
The matter is that I only beginner skydiver and I'm interesting in freestyle, so I want take some basic lessons in it, as I understand, I can do it in Arezzo, but I'm not sure about it in Ravenna...
So I have one more question.Approximately how many kilometers from Sirmione to Arezzo?

It's not a matter of kilometers it's more a matter of the highway you will have to take. It's large and fast from Sirmione to Bologna but then come the mountains and you will have to slow down quite a bit on those curves.
Anyway aprox. time from sirmione to Arezzo...........I would say 3 hours, 1,5 to bologna and another 1,5 to arezzo.
Ravenna might be more than an hour but anyway never more than 2 depending on traffic.
You can take a train but it will take you ages!!!
Consider the price of gas in Italy..........it's almost 3 times than in the US therefore a trip to arezzo can become somewhat expensive if you are short on money.

Blue ones

Blue ones

August - Arezzo = Space games B|
so if u are there during this time.......well i cannot say more to convince you

I also had a really nice experience 2 years ago with Skydive Salerno, a little bit in the south
But the vibe was awsome and nice facilities
great people and a grand caravan.