mr2mk1g

Kolomna - accommodation

Where would you stay if you were going in June?

How dificult is it to get bewteen the DZ and Kolomna?

Wasn't dificult at all:) 200 rubles / ~10 min on taxi to DZ and back on fellow skydiver's car:)

edit to add: Sorry, forgot the main questions: didn't saw bunkhouse there but was in hotel at Kolomna and was quite staticfied so at now vote for hotel, but planing to see the bunkhouse and may be stay in it...
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

getting from the DZ and the city is not a problem, there are a lot of taxis which are pretty cheap (and they drive faster than you freefall...)
the bunkhouse are being built now and they should be fine too.
i will stay in the hotel mainly for the comfort of going out to eat in one of the fine (3) restaurants ;)

but really, i think either option would be good.

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Id ruled out tents primarily because I would already be loaded down with a shit load of other crap including two rigs. Didn't really fancy sticking a bunch of camping gear in my bags on top of that.

Cheers guys. I'm attempting to book a hotel... pity my written Russian is terrible... and my spoken Russian is only a little better. :D Thank God for the Babel Fish.

I'm attempting to book a hotel

last time when we tried, the response was "the hotel always has spare rooms".

you can contact the DZ and ask them to help you, but you can show up and get a room, it is a pretty big hotel.
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I cannot vote in the poll yet but i am taking my 8-way crw team to kolomna to train from 11-19th june.

I have been in touch with andrew at the dz who has said he will arrange hotel accomodation, he has not booked it yet but has promised he will not forget. As his english is far better than my russian i will trust him, i mean how bad can it be!

A little uncertainty adds to the adventure right.

maybe see you there?

plastic

I'm in Moscow at the moment and was hoping to go up this weekend. Anyone going from Moscow in a car that I could get a lift with please.
Are the bunkhouses built yet as thats where I was hoping to stay

Spasiba

It's more chance to find a place in a car to Kolomna at the local site (IMHO):

Dropzone.ru: http://www.dropzone.ru/guestbook.shtml
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Hi Max, I will be there this summer but have no gear. (rig)! Want to get one in there or order through web... (not many around in Ireland) My question: is it easy to get used gear though Kolomna Aerograad? I'm just recently off student status but want to jump there between 400-500.
As for accomodation: Tent is my choice... always!

There are a lot of rental rigs there. Rent price is 250 roubles (roughly US $9) per jump.

want to jump there between 400-500

I'm pretty sure you'll have your own gear even prior to jump #100.

It's not easy to get a good deal on used gear at Aerograd. Just because it would take some time you might not have.

Thanks Max! I think I will have enough time though... Will be spending over 4 months in total in Russia! 2.5 months around Moscow and 1.5 monhs in St Petersburg (probably). So I have time to shop around .I might have the time, not sure if I have the money...not for rentals anyway. Well, I'm sure I'll be seeing you at the DZ. If by any chance you come across a cheap system (container+ 170 main + any reserve- (that works of course)+ Cypres) for 1500-1700 Eur (my limit) , put my name on the list. I'm 1.83CM tall, 80Kg. I'll be arriving in Kolomna probably on the 26th May. Find me that and I'll be paying you Vodka for the whole summer!:-) Thanks again! blue skies