dunesurfer

Can anyone recommend a DZ in Kansas or Missouri?

I am planning a cross country trip with several stops along the way and hope to jump when I find the opportunity. I have checked the DZ reviews, but it is hard to tell if they are objective...... many reviews were written by DZO's or DZ employees. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

As a complete neophyte I can only chime in on MRVS, the times I have been there trying to do dtudent jumps ( freakin wind anyway ) Everyone from student to the high number jumpers have all been absolutely fantastic.

Genius? ..... Insane? Who's to say?

For Missouri, I recommend Skydive Missouri, in Mount Vernon, home of Feisty and the fastest climbing C182 currently in skydiving. You may only go to ten, but the turnarounds are fast.

Quantum Leap is also a niceplace to jump. If I remember correctly, they have an Otter.

I've also enjoyed Missouri River Valley Skydivers, on the occasions that I've jumped there.

I hear that there is a Skydive Lov opening around Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, owned by Brian Wolford, of Freefall Express (the drop zone, not the jumpship fleet).

For Great Deals on Gear

I had a cutaway at Quantum Leap a few years back. Jim Cowan, co-owner, was the first to find my main. It's pretty rare for the DZO of a turbine drop zone to stop working and go look for a fun jumper's lost equipment. I was impressed, and appreciative.

For Great Deals on Gear