superstu

Perris's check in process?

I was wondering what the process was with perris's check in? I have almost 1200 jumps but none have been signed since jump 500 or so, will this be a problem? That's really my only concern, but let me know what else goes into their process. Thanks
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

First, I stopped having my log booked signed when I got my D License.

When I went to Perris the "check in" process included the waiver, gear check at Square 1, watched a video tape and was then I was video'ed stating that I understand I can die and all that other stuff.

It was a little more extensive that some other dz's but not bad at all.

I have had only 1 problem at a dz I visited last summer because my log book wasn't signed. The whole thing didn't make any sense because their reasoning was anyone can make up a log book entry and my response was anyone can make up a signature. After we called our regional director to have him talk to person checking us in they finally "cleared" us.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I recommend that you have atleast your last jump signed in your log book before you come to Perris. It makes life easier for you...otherwise you'll have to find someone at Perris to vouch/sign that you're current.
The process when you get to Perris is: Go to the school to get waivered and watch the video, from there to Square 1 for a gear check or gear rental, and then go to manifest to put $$$ on your account or buy tickets.
You'll also need proof that your USPA is up to date. If you have everything ready to go, it doesn't take that long at all :)

Lets put this in perspective.I'm going to fake a skidiving logbook,kill myself and then my family can sue someone.Next time someone talks to you about tort reform THINK about what the F@#$ they are saying.You should be able to jump out of a fucking plane and no one should give a damn.

First, I stopped having my log booked signed when I got my D License.

When I went to Perris the "check in" process included the waiver, gear check at Square 1, watched a video tape and was then I was video'ed stating that I understand I can die and all that other stuff.

It was a little more extensive that some other dz's but not bad at all.

I have had only 1 problem at a dz I visited last summer because my log book wasn't signed. The whole thing didn't make any sense because their reasoning was anyone can make up a log book entry and my response was anyone can make up a signature. After we called our regional director to have him talk to person checking us in they finally "cleared" us.

Judy

First time I went to Perris they wanted signed "proof" of currency.

They didn't want to see my logbook at all when I went back a year later.

Somewhat inconsistent!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Lets put this in perspective.I'm going to fake a skidiving logbook,kill myself and then my family can sue someone.Next time someone talks to you about tort reform THINK about what the F@#$ they are saying.You should be able to jump out of a fucking plane and no one should give a damn.

Hey Chris... go jump out of a f-ing plane! :P;)

They usually want to see currency - of course sometimes that is overlooked. It just makes it easier if you have a current signed jump or two so that no one will question you. Bring a photo ID, a current USPA membership card (they can look this up though in case you lost your card), gear and a logbook. Took me less than 10 minutes to get in the air the first time.
FGF #6
Darcy

I was just at Perris in Nov. The process was very smooth. I've got about 800 jumps, the last 500 or so haven't been signed. I made sure my last couple of jumps were signed before I left my DZ here and I have all my other information with me, including ratings, FJC book etc.

Go to the school, have logbook and DRIVERS LICENSE!!! I had to walk back to the car to get it[:/] Watch the video, fill out the waiver, get yourself on video. Then go to get your gear checked. From there buy tickets and you're good to go. Took maybe 10 mins
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!