sunnydee123

SEBASTIAN & TURKEY DAY...

Just wondering if anyone is as lcuky as me to have Friday and THE ENTIRE weekend off to play? Trying to figure out what days tons of people will be around to play with. So...So....Whatcha doing after you gorge your face with turkey?

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Dunno, we might make it up there this weekend, but probably not on Friday.

-R

Just wondering if anyone is as lcuky as me to have Friday and THE ENTIRE weekend off to play? Trying to figure out what days tons of people will be around to play with. So...So....Whatcha doing after you gorge your face with turkey?

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

I don't think Friday will be the day for optimal jumping conditions according to weather.com......

Let me know your plans, I'm due for some hop and pops to practice hitting some noodles :P but I'd go to altitude if the offer was right B|

Happy turkey eating - no PIE, you already fall too fast ;)

Yes, come on out. The weather isn't the best today - but Friday should be good and we are going to put together somekind of thanksgiving dinner on Friday night. You guys may all be sick of turkey but I haven't had mine yet!!

The skyvan is here and the otter. Jono & Daniel are ready to go - now we just need nice blue skies.

I'll have a freefly organizer here for the weekend and I'm not sure if Drew was going to sneak back this way early or not. I know he had a prior committment but thought that he might be able to slip away.

I'm coming out Saturday and also called the masses and got a buttload of people coming Sunday. Warm them engines up Johnno - we're coming to play!

Think Saturday I am hopping and popping, seeing if I could consider playing in the swoop thing next weekend. But not holding my breath - still LOTS to learn

See everyone soon...off to battle the shopping mall maddness once again, now that I am filled with energy (turkey and sweet potatoes)

I'm so glad it cleared up and you finally got to do that 100th!

Too bad you weren't here today. Jumps are going off, the weather is great and people are having a great time. The drop shop opened its doors for a 25% off liquidation sale today. Stay tuned they'll do it again - there is still stuff to sell.

Turkey dinner is tonight for us. You can never have too many thanksgiving dinners.... i guess.

Jello shots are tomorrow night.

Sorry, not enough people for the night jumps tonight - try next month!!!

Family drama, AGAIN....and clouds most of the day which didn't make me too awefully disappointed, plus a bit of wind and Saturday was to be Hop and Pops only....but no matter what - I WILL BE THERE BRIGHT AND EARLY and ALL DAMN DAY Sunday and now I have extra cash ;)!

Nice new icon, Denise. A little water action at the Keys!!!

Good to see you and Angela & Rory and the BIG JAP all out this weekend. Maybe now that I'm jumping again and the arm appears to be holding up ok - we can manage to get on a jump or two together. I'm learning to compensate for my new built in right turn!

Had a blast on Sunday! We'd have stayed later but had dinner obligations.

I am hoping to make it out by Friday evening so that i'm there bright and early Saturday. Rory will likely be there Friday. Like Denise, i'm considering entering the comp on Saturday. Depends on the winds and the fees for me, and if I can get a couple of jumps in advance. I haven't had a chance to swoop the noodles at all, but I saw Dee hitting them this weekend (rock on babe!).

See you guys next weekend, hopefully with my new (but incomplete) rig.

-A

I didn't get enough practice to think about entering and I don't do good under pressure so right now, I'm guessing I'll just sit back, do my best to look cute, watch and listen intently to all the cool swooper boys. I WILL however be something to be reckoned with come next year ;) Damn - next year could be all sorts of girl power in the FLCPA. Watch out boys!

This should be cross posted to the swoop area B|:$

Excellent - a few more weeks of jumping on my arm and I may be able to put the velo back on and then we can all enter - I guess I could jump the C2 anyways.... no..maybe not.

If your arm is feeling up to it, enter the 9-cell with the C2. If not, though, you could always enter intermediate with the velo in January at Lake Wales:D

Damn - next year could be all sorts of girl power in the FLCPA. Watch out boys!

Man, I bet there's enough interest in Sebastian alone to do a monthly contest with small entry fees and prizes:D ... something to think about;)

Like I said, i'm undecided on this weekend, but I hope that there's enough interest to get the 9cell class in anyhow. I haven't gotten to swoop the noodles at all because it was so damned crowded up there on Sunday (and too windy to justify h&p's for me). I wish I could make it out Friday... *sigh, school*. I think you should enter, Dee, it'll be a good chance to get some feedback! (Trying to listen to myself here).

See you both soon!
-A

Well I keep thinking about it but not sure...and right now I am just sending all my vibes to the weather Gods so it does NOT start clouding up on Friday like they are forecasting.....Or maybe we'll ALL be doing hop and pops.....I wouldn't be opposed to setting up my own noodle course so I could practice.

I'm assuming that if there is a 9-cell comp, there will be a fee because we'll have to be judged. I just still have so much to learn and I may be able to hit my target but not good on distance yet. SOO much to learn and LOTS of time to learn it.

This is a great opportunity for newer newbie swooper wanna-bes (like me) to really sit around, watch and listen. You'd be amazed at what you can learn from these guys. Seriously.....But Angelica chica - if you feel up to it, go for it girl. I just think I want some more quality practice time - feeling comfy with my set up area, hitting that first gate AND a few noodles. Ah heck...who knows

I hear ya, babe, you go with what your comfortable with for sure. I am still considering entering. If I can get some practice noodle swoops in and feel comfy i'll probably go for it. I am hoping for no wind or a light crosswind, I don't want to lose speed;) We'll see, i'll probably be out Friday by 3pm-ish, hopefully I can get a few in before sunset and wake early enough to get some more before comp.

-A