weegegirl

Hartwood Paracenter - What's the Scoop?

So I did a search and I'm wondering if anyone can give me the current scoop on the dropzone. Their website is pretty, but not too much info there. Looks like it is under construction. :$

I just spent over a week in DC and couldn't believe how beautiful the weather is this time of year. I really wanted to get a few jumps in, but didn't have my rig or any info about the local dzs. Every day was blue blue blue skies and nice warm weather - calm winds. Would have been nice.

So, what's the dealio with Hartwood Paracenter in case I make it back down there??

Do they have a decent freefly scene at all? How's that otter? Any jump ticket specials or discount days? How long is the season? Are they open during the winter?

Thanks guys!! :)
  • Like 1

they are jumping a cessna on weekends while they loan their otter out for the winter....very small freefly crowd....pretty much nonexistant except for me and a buddy of mine when we are there and maybe 1 or two other people....awesome facilities...they are busting their ass to grow the business in time for the spring...

they are 35 minutes from my house...i hope they survive!
  • Like 1

Hi ~ I live an hour south of DC and go to Skydive Orange. It is a little farther south than Hartwood if you're in the DC metro, but is also a great place that flies a Super Otter with lots of jumping going on year round, weather permitting. Check out their website here: http://www.skydiveorange.com/

I think you would find the extra 30 minutes of driving worth it.

Blue Skies,
Julie

Thanks! That's pretty much what I've been hearing. I've gotten a handfull of PMs and emails telling me that Skydive Orange would be the best active freefly dz down that way. Next time I head to DC I will be bringing my rig and checking it out. Sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

I'll second that. Orange is absolutely the place you want to go,especially if you're into the FF scene. A drop zone full of talented FFers and all around nice people.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yup, I'll agree with everyone here about Orange. I just moved out here two months ago and drive down from the DC area every weekend. Orange is a very cool and friendly dz!
I did jump at Hartwood one weekend because it is closer for me, but there was only one other FFer there and the pace seemed a bit slow for me.

Addie