Paulipod

Soo many tunnels, so little time ;o)

I am pleased to update that our project is fully back on track.

The tunnel at Bedford UK, will be renovated and will be the largest of its kind globally. (5m dia)

We have :-

Partnered with Bodyflying Zurich (who have worked on many projects over the last 14 years)
We have agreed technical designs
We have agreed funding and recieved bank approval

We are currently negotiating with suppliers and will be placing orders towards the middle of November

To all those that are keen to follow the renovation, we should have webcams / live updates on the site just after christmas.

Happy to answer any questions - our website will also be updated regularly

:)
Paul
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

London-Luton is probably the best bet... about an hour drive from there to the tunnel. (conservative driving that is!)

We are looking into the possibility of accomodation on site (we have alot of space!) so you maybe even wouldnt need to worry about a hotel ;)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

London-Luton is probably the best bet... about an hour drive from there to the tunnel. (conservative driving that is!)

We are looking into the possibility of accomodation on site (we have alot of space!) so you maybe even wouldnt need to worry about a hotel ;)

Nice... Easy jet to Luton from Geneva...

And accomodation on the site... Perfect... Bunkhouse ??
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Happy to answer any questions

Hi Paul, good to hear the news. Would be interested to know a couple of points

What optimum wind speed is the fan and motor designed for... i.e. will it get up to freefly speed.

What is the speed control are you using on the fan? variable pitch blades (slow) or VSD inverters on the motor (fast). i.e. will it go from 4 way flat speed to solo head down in seconds or minutes ??

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

Okay, on those points...

We are using 3.8MW of input power, our anticipated requirement for 120mph is circa 2MW so we are confident we will be able to have power to go up to FF speeds!

Obviously a tunnel of our size take significant power over that needed by other smaller diameter facilities (1000HP for 12ft compared with our 4500HP!)

This does hit our running costs but hey... we dont have to spend millions to build the thing!

On the blades, variable pitch blades are being used and not a variable speed drive. A few reasons...
Fixed speed drive is cheaper / constant noise and reduced at 700rpm...

Change of speed through pitch is plenty fast enough given the right blade & system design.

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Cool, looks like you've got it worked out, guess I'll put my one on hold then, we probably don't need 3 within 50 miles of each other :ph34r:

It's like waiting for a bloody bus.... nothing for ages then all of a sudden..........

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"