samhussey

BCPA freshers

hey,
yep freshers is at hib this year. see below for e-mail from Tim cooke (BCPA Chair). Hib is fully equiped with up to 4 turbine aircraft and the little cherokee (all cleared for students) also canteen, late bar, bunk house, showers etc (although accommodation does get busy at this time of year so best to call ahead and book in advance, failing that the classrooms will probably be open to sleep in for free). to keep up to date with bcpa events, join the discussion list from the website bcpa.org.uk
for help, advice and directions either e-mail me back or go to hib website targetsky.demon.co.uk
sunny blues
jo

Good news! We have now secured a dropzone for our first event of the
year!
We are pleased to annouce that Fresher's will be held at Hibaldstow
Airfield on the 13th and 14th November. Many will be arriving early
on the Friday night, starting the drinking early...and maybe ready
for first lift the next day!
Remember t bring your BPA membership etc if your optimistic about the
weather and want to jump.

Entertainment will be laid on, on the Saturday night (NO FANCY DRESS).
In case of bad weather there will be activities organised.

More info to follow nearer the time.

Tim Cooke
BCPA Chair

nope, maybe they don't want to scare the freshers off right at the beginning? seems a bit of a shame tho as half the fun of going to bcpa events is coming up with some weird and wonderful costume (by the way, anybody got any ideas for halloween?)
will post more details as i get them as the bcpa site is a bit slow sometimes (didn't even have the date and venue confirmed when i checked it)

hey guys,
the bunkhouse at hib is now fully booked for freshers (although there was talk of reducing the number of rooms that some uni's had so that every group could have at least one room as a base). I'm sure hib will open the classrooms for people to crash in too but just a heads up to bring extra bedding/airbeds etc and lots of warm clothes!
looks like it's gonna be a good one though with good attendance from all over!
see you there
x