IMGR2

Artistic events from a tailgate at Nationals?

Yes skysurf and freestyle is from the Skyvan. Why freefly isnt I have no idea...

Hey Betsy, any insight as to why freestlye and skysurf are out of the van? Some teams don't have access to one and that puts us at a disadvantage from the start.:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hey Betsy, any insight as to why freestlye and skysurf are out of the van? Some teams don't have access to one and that puts us at a disadvantage from the start.

I think that is a question better answered by the meet director.

I will say that the teams here are fortunate to be able to practice out of a Skyvan. It doesn't help in the way of creativity to be sure. We all prefer freestyle out of an otter.

B2

You want to be a 4 way team and you are at a King Air or Cessna DZ? Odds are you've got a trip or two scheduled to an Otter DZ for exit training.

I can think of a lot of places Tailgates are now. Perris, Deland, Eloy, Crosskeys, Raeford, CSS... plus CSS sends their fleet of Casa's on the road all year. I can think of at least 3 stops in TX this year for tailgates :P

You might have to travel a bit to train out of one, but no different then being at a Cessna DZ and needing an Otter to train from.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Are you smoking crack.
If you are at a cessna dz in Texas, then you are generally no more than 3 hours from a porter, caravan or otter. All of which would suffice to practice exits.
This year alone I have heard of a tailgate being in Texas 3 times.
Boy Phree, that gives you alot of tailgate practice.
Are you posting that just to argue or do you have any idea what its like to spend thousands of dollars training all year to find out a couple of months before nationals that your exit won't work?
This of course does not apply to freeflying but come on, have a little compassion for the people in freestyle and skysurf that have worked thier butts off all year.