bill2

Wind tunnel in the bay area

I dont think they have the land secured yet, but here's the web page.
Skyventuresv

thanks for the link! I knew someone was investigating it seriously, but didn't know it had moved much further. Though in looking at the website (opening May 2004), I guess we shouldn't be too thrilled yet. It took Perris what, 6 months from ground breaking to open to public status?

The guy who was promoting it was there at the Byron Boogie last Sept... I think they were looking for something down in the tourist area somewhere...

Thanks Jeanne. I knew I had seen info on it somewhere. Hopefully that will open soon. I've never been in a tunnel and would like to try it sometime.

Hopefully that will open soon. I've never been in a tunnel and would like to try it sometime.

Perris ain't far. And only $39 will get you here on Southwest.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hopefully that will open soon. I've never been in a tunnel and would like to try it sometime.

And after you spend all of your money in the tunnel, it is a 4 day walk home.

BTW - Wonder what it would be like to be in the tunnel during a rolling blackout? That would have to hurt.

$39 gets you close, but not to Perris! Is Ontario the closest airport, or John Wayne?

I drove 1150 miles and spent nearly $1500 there this weekend. It was worth it...but I'd be happier to drive 30 miles to Union City. I only did 2 15 minute sessions (fri/sat) and I'm still sore! (yeah, it's due in large part to my inexperience) If it's close, I can space it out a bit more.

OTOH, just sitting at Perris and hearing the occasional - 5 minutes for $50 right now, come on over - is great too. Even if this place gets off the ground, it's worth taking another trip down south. I had a great time and was quite impressed by the large number of jumpers there trying to be the best they could be.