vonSanta

Who's going to Aerograd (Russia) this summer?

I'm going to be in Russia from June 23rd until July 21st... planing on watching the BASE festival at the end of June and then some sight-seeing and plenty of jumping. Haven't decided what dates to go jumping yet . Anyone wanna meet up for transport to DZ / vodka / jumping let me know!

Hope to see you there!

Sally:)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Wow so many dzcomers there. Man i planed to jump there not just party and drink ;)

Since so many is going there i think it's time to make a list! So who'll be there in Jully?
Correct me if you won't be there in Jully but some other time

-Jerry81 (8-22.7.2004)
-Grega - George (8-22.7.2004)
-vonSanta + 3
-Raistlin
-SkyDivaChristie
-6 people from Ireland
-2 from Scotland
-justdumi
-irish group (14-28t.7.2004)
-altichick

Anyobdy else? :)
"George just lucky i guess!"

Well, one of the +3 that comes with me is DrAvalanche, my sis. She rarely posts here though, since she's moved and she hasn't gotten around tog etting an internet connection.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Great :D.

I'll be very hard to miss.

I use the CUC principle - Colour Un Coordinated.

I'll be the dude in the yellow Tonysuits cargopants with blacks stripes, red or black T-shirt, pink and purple rig and worn-through-and-busted-up tennis shoes. Don't be shy anyone - come up and introduce yerselves when at the DZ :)

This thing is gonna be cool B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Not to mention it'd be awfully lonely being the only foreigner at a DZ.

You won't be the only foreigner, I'm sure. I've just returned from 3-day-long-weekend, I've never seen that much foreigners at Aerograd before. About 20 people from Denmark, and a lot of other people. On Monday 64 loads were made, more than 1300 jumps a day. Aerograd is going to be a very busy place... What I've found out, one year ago we had 2 team TV's and that was enough. Now, there is 5 video rooms and a big TV screen in one of the packing tents... and all of them are constantly busy!

Wonder if there would be any cute Rusian girls that could offer some comfort?

Hmm, are'nt you going to skydive at Aerograd? :ph34r:

PM me, I can be a good guide here in Russia ;)

Anyone wanna meet up for transport to DZ / vodka / jumping let me know!

Uhh. I'll never understand, why speaking of Russia one is thinking of vodka :P. I'm sure russian people drink no more that european.

Hope to see you there!

Hope to see you here :)

Alright, let's face it: Kolomna is overrated, deal with it! :) I still invite you over to Borki... and to substantiate my claim, I've updated the listing in Dropzones section with new prices, renewed aircraft info, and what can pass for a description... check it out if you will :)

On a related note, at least two foreign skydivers I know say they like Borki better than Kolomna, so consider giving it a try :>

Wow so many dzcomers there. Man i planed to jump there not just party and drink ;)

Since so many is going there i think it's time to make a list! So who'll be there in Jully?
Correct me if you won't be there in Jully but some other time

-Jerry81 (8.7.-?2004)
-Grega - George (8-22.7.2004)
-vonSanta + 3
-Raistlin
-SkyDivaChristie
-6 people from Ireland
-2 from Scotland
-justdumi
-irish group (14-28t.7.2004)
-altichick

Anyobdy else? :)

George, you're a big boy, you can find your way home by yourself. If Russia turns out to be as much fun as it looks right now, I'm staying until they deport me.:P

On a slightly more serious note, how are the customs and safety checks at international airports in Russia (arriving). Will it be a problem if I have some 30 cans of Slovenian beer evenly distributed within my luggage?

Will it be a problem if I have some 30 cans of Slovenian beer evenly distributed within my luggage?

Only 30 cans??? With 30 cans we can barely survive 1 night there ;) We need at least 100+. Look at the list :D

One night should be enough. I've no intention of drinking the same beer even though I'm 2500km from home. As a matter of fact, I've no intention of consuming enormous amounts of beer at all. Surest method of screwing up the next day. I'll take vodka over beer any time. Unless of course the Irish will be bringing any of that fine dark stuff they have over there, then I might be tempted to make an exception.

Still, if you wish to pack some additional cans in your Mirage, you're free to do so.

On a slightly more serious note, how are the customs and safety checks at international airports in Russia (arriving). Will it be a problem if I have some 30 cans of Slovenian beer evenly distributed within my luggage?

Uh... That might be a problem. Better dig some information, or it may turn out that customs take out your beer (and drink it!) :D

Being honest, 30 cans will be enough for a half of the night, but after 2-3 cans one can hardly find difference between Slovenian and Russian beer :P

OK, one more thing (but this one's serious, really!). Anyone know what's the best way to get invitations that we need for our visas and where do you register your stay if you're camping on the dropzone? I've emailed Landortour that Aerograd lists on their site for visa assistance, but thought I might check on dz.com as well...

I used http://www.intelservice.ru/ and they emailed me my invitation as a .pdf file within 48 hours and seemed one of the cheaper options. I have used it to get my visa with no problems.

I'll find out on Thursday how easy it is to register the visa once I arrive. As I understand it you need to register within 72 hours of arrival - easy if you are statying in a hotel... (not so easy if you are staying somewhere 'unofficial')

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

cool, jerry81 if we won't find any cheaper way. that's our option..

padraigbrowne: but where will you register your stay? or will you sleep at the hotel. (you go to kolomna right?)

Because jerry81 and i intend to use the free camping at the dz (btw does anyone know if they have showers with warm water or something like that at kolomna)

One more question to all who have been in aerograd before:

Is 3rd party insurance mandatory there? I have it for all the europe, but i don't think that includes russia :S

And can i get it on there (on dz aerograd), if yes, for what price?

All of you who regulary jump at Aerograd or know who to contact about some questions there:

I have a problem contacting with organizer or owner of the DZ aerograd kolomna in russia. They just don't answer my emails. So if anyone knows, can you please tell me an e-mail of an organizer or the owner of a dz so i can get some answers before leaving my humble home... [:/]

Is it that maybe they don't understand english ???
Btw i already sent an email to: [email protected]

Thanks