WFFC

In Date Reserves for Boogies

Just a mental note for everyone when attending boogies this year...Your reserve must be in date for the entire event that you are attending, even though you might only be staying for a few days.
So make sure your rig is in date prior to showing up at an event.

For the 120 day repack cycle, the magic date is April 12, 2003 for the WFFC. For foreign jumpers, they are subject to the date restrictions of their particular country.

The short answer, for U.S. jumpers - yes
For Foreign jumpers - whatever their country's rules are

For the 120 day repack cycle, the magic date is April 12, 2003 for the WFFC. For foreign jumpers, they are subject to the date restrictions of their particular country.

The short answer, for U.S. jumpers - yes
For Foreign jumpers - whatever their country's rules are

I knwo this is a little off the topic and may need to go to another forum but that just seems silly to me - i know it is how most dz's operate but if i take my vehicle to another country it has to meet that country's rules and regs (i.e. i bring an italian car to the US i still have to meet the emissions, etc). why would a foreign jumper be able to jump their gear over here under different repack schedules? Is their gear somehow superior to my gear?

The quick answer is "because the FAA says so." A longer answer is because it is consistent (I think) with practices for aircraft (a real pilot may correct me) and probably for ships too. Another is that it is reasonable. Yet another is that it is good business....

I knwo this is a little off the topic and may need to go to another forum but that just seems silly to me - i know it is how most dz's operate but if i take my vehicle to another country it has to meet that country's rules and regs (i.e. i bring an italian car to the US i still have to meet the emissions, etc). why would a foreign jumper be able to jump their gear over here under different repack schedules? Is their gear somehow superior to my gear?

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

The quick answer is "because the FAA says so."

Don't get me on the dates, but I think this change went into effect in the neighborhood of 1-2002. Las year was the first year that anyone had to worry about multiple dates...