flyhy

airline travel

How do you travel with your rig?
I heard the best way is to put the rig into a hard shell suitcase and leave it with the normal baggage. But this is too complicated for me and my travel plans... Somebody told me he always takes it into the cabin. How safe's that?

Wow, you live in Germany but your home DZ is in Rotorua......Possibly the smelliest town in the world, but that is one hell of a drive to the DZ....
Try a search of the forums, this has been talked about at great length, plus all the precautions involved.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yes, do a search. Real quick- I just traveled with mine, and carried it on the plane in my gear bag with no problems.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I carry mine on the plane in a hard-sided roller bag, the 9x14x22 kind. This last weekend I had no problem with United. Checking it also has seemed to work. After jumping Sebastian yesterday, I fortunately remembered to turn off the AAD.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Suitcase or bag and carry it on the plane if at all possible. I had a checked bag stolen/lost in April and just this weekend my checked bag never made my connection (they found it later).

Security wanted a hand check of my carry-on and actually started messing with my reserve pin wanting to open it. I stopped them and after explaining what it was she checked with her supervisor (these are the new TSAs) who said to x-ray the rig and I was on my way.

Just watch them carefully if they hand check it.