ShivaDas

Cloud bustin

can you just imagine the look on the faces of both the diver and the pilot of that c-17?! if that was me diving, i think i would land it, change my underwear, take a deep breath, and start laughing my ass off thinking of the pilots face. im glad you guys told me the stories of the two military plane situations though....never thought of that. although, i still wouldnt have to. we have a military base close by but, unless theres some unforseen incident involving collisions with tanks 30 miles away.....they have no planes and we have our own spot, ,we dont use a public airport or have one close anyway. but, thinking back on it now, with our DZ being in a seriously rural area, i guess there is a possibility of maybe an incident with a crop duster, although you never see those anymore anyway....but still, good to think of the possibilities!

doug
hey, i was stupid before stupid was cool!

is busting clouds not illegal in Europe then? Specifically the UK? I have busted clouds in Spain and here at home (not saying where just in case) and its wonderful (and nice and refreshing in a cold moist sort of way).

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

In the UK it is okay to get dispensation from BPA to jump thru clouds, you need to have access to decent metfax, and use a GPS for the spot. The proposal has to be considered at a a council meeting.

Hinton and Headcorn have obviously gone this route.;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

In Canada, you can jump through as many clouds as you like as long as you're not over a urban area.
_Am

For what it's worth, one isn't generally allowed to jump through clouds in Canada according to the Canadian Air Regulations.

Dropping through clouds isn't as big an issue with just a few jumpers from a C-182, but still there might be other air traffic below the clouds. We all know that pilots sometimes stray over DZs even when it is strongly recommended they stay clear of Class F airspace around DZs.

(Exception: totally uncontrolled airspace, which is rare anywhere near any major city. I'm not sure of the situation there, as DZs in such an area may or may not be required to get an SFOC anyway.)
(References: SFOC's in CAR 623.38, & Exemption to 602.26a/603.37)