SkySlut

New skydiving weather site...

The same is true of Palm Beach Extreme Skysports (temp home of 220EA). Their current position puts it in the town of Lake Worth on the ocean.
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Sweet site! No doubt it's going to get alot of use. One suggestion if I may - Could temps be stated in deg. F instead of deg C? Nothing against the metric system, I'm just not very good at converting temps in my head - A wind chill chart might be handy, too, for us crazies that think jumping in sub-zero weather is fun.
But mostly thanks for a great weather site! I can take weather.com off my bookmarks.

Easy Does It

Sweet site! No doubt it's going to get alot of use. One suggestion if I may - Could temps be stated in deg. F instead of deg C? Nothing against the metric system, I'm just not very good at converting temps in my head - A wind chill chart might be handy, too, for us crazies that think jumping in sub-zero weather is fun.
But mostly thanks for a great weather site! I can take weather.com off my bookmarks.

I'll have them converted as soon as the site is stable and I get Pahokee off the seacoast (gulp!).

John Hobart
[email protected]
[url "http://www.skydivingweather.com"]www.skydivingweather.com[url]
John Hobart
[email protected]
www.skydivingweather.com

Great job!

With saved forecasts it would be neat to be able to set a template for the weather you like to jump in and have a little icon on your saved forecast page for where it is "jumpable". Perhaps on user account creation you could set up low, medium, high, and too high values for winds so you could have little warning pictures on the saved forecase lists. If you were a spoiled brat and living in a place with more then one dz within 4 hours you could quickly have the forecasts listed in "preferable" order... the site is very slick!

I love the wind chill calculations! cya around john

Erik Peterson

Great job!

With saved forecasts it would be neat to be able to set a template for the weather you like to jump in and have a little icon on your saved forecast page for where it is "jumpable". Perhaps on user account creation you could set up low, medium, high, and too high values for winds so you could have little warning pictures on the saved forecase lists. If you were a spoiled brat and living in a place with more then one dz within 4 hours you could quickly have the forecasts listed in "preferable" order... the site is very slick!

I love the wind chill calculations! cya around john

Erik Peterson

OK, now this was such a good idea I just had to do it. I added temperature too so those of us stuck up north can be even more jealous (if we've got forecasts setup for down south). It's also kind of a cool national outlook, if you've got a bunch of forecasts saved. Thanks Eric. Dern good idea.
John Hobart
[email protected]
www.skydivingweather.com

Well oh well.

A bunch of bugs have been fixed and I think most of the dropzones are now in the right place. I haven't received an email on that subject in a while and people are certainly still using the site. If anyone knows of a DZ out of place please let me know and I'll fix it.

Forecasted winds aloft are now in degrees Farenheit and miles per hour and go all the way up to 18,000 ft. for the turbine addicts. There's more general weather information included in the Current Observations, and I got rid of a nasty bug that was trashing forecasts from some locations in California. Dex's awesome suggestion to include "quickie" current observations with a little image, winds and temps has been included in the "My Forecasts" for registered users (which is, and will remain, a free service), and now there are a bunch of dropzones representing their respective regions on the home page, and I'll be short-listing boogies soon.

Gawd, I dunno what else.

Anyway, thanks for all the continued help and see you in the air when the snow melts.
John Hobart
[email protected]
www.skydivingweather.com

Great stuff, but..

This is a report for Orange, Orange Municipal Airport, United States.
(Located 13.6 mi West/Northwest of the dropzone.)

The ASOS is on the airport/dropzone. It would help us fix things (this is not the only issue I know about) if you told us where you get your Lat/Long and other info.

HW

Sorry, I should have mentioned that the quickest way to get replies and/or corrections to the site is best achieved by sending email to [email protected]. If there are still several dropzones out of place and/or other issues we'd sure like to hear about them. (I missed the prior post about Orange, really emailing works better, the dev box is kind of my "to do" list.)

As to where we get lat/long coordinates, they're taken from the zip code of the mailing address of the DZ. It was the quickest way to get all of them in the system, and for the most part has worked pretty well. We are in the process of inputting, manually, the lat/long coordinates for all the dropzone airstrips from the public ICAO databases, but that's going to take a while.

Oh, and at long last (I really am sorry I missed the previous post!) the listing for Jumptown has been fixed.

Whew!
John Hobart
[email protected]
www.skydivingweather.com