linuxguy

CAT 1 skydiver

Yay Me !!
I have just finnished my Aff (mmm hop n pops is freaky)
an can not wait to get to the dz to do some jumps to build more confidence.
oddly as this may sound having just got through aff course.
I am quite scared to attempt back flip as my previous 1 that i did i wound up in headdown and struggled to gain stability, eventually did and then everything was okay.
:P
Any advice ??

Well done on graduating AFF.
Im not really experienced enough to give any advice, but I started juming with a friend who had the same problem (re backflips). The advice he got was:
1. Talk about any problems/difficulties with an instructor, who knows your abilities best.
2. Practice stuff high, and never try anything new or your unsure about near pulltime.
Mike
:)

I'm guessing being "Cat 1" that you are jumping in SA. If that's the case then you must have been through backloops on levels 6, level 7 and Level 8/1. The reason we do them 1st on the dive is so that you have maximum altitude to get stable. The fact that you went head down is normal. How would you go over backwards and not be head down for a moment? If you stay head down, look at the ground and you'll level out nicely, and gain a bit of forward speed too! Skydiving is fun!:)
t

It's the year of the Pig.