Plummets

AFF at Seb ??

Hi everyone,

This is all new to me but i've decided to fly to the States in mid June (from UK) to do an AFF course. Thinking about Sebastian Fl, seems OK on the net, but as I dont know ANY skydivers thought I'd ask your views !!. Should I look around more ?
Is 12 days enough to complete the course??

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"

Two Brits who post here, Tasadin, and Zeemax recently did their AFF there. Maybe try PM-ing them.
Seb has a pretty good reputation with visiting Brits.
12 days sounds reasonable to complete, but it will depend on your ability, and weather.....
You'll enjoy it either way, and thats what its all about.
Oh, welcome.B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

June in Florida may bring afternoon clouds and thunderstorms after 2pm. So, start early and don't plan on full-days. Also, try to spend some time in the tunnel early on. It will save you money and time in the end (compare the cost of failing level 3 twice, like I did before the tunnel).

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I didn't take AFF at Sebastian, but the people there and the scenery add to the benefits. I've jumped with people who took AFF there. Also, I set aside time every year to go jump there.

They've got a nice bar too.:)
|

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

speaking on my husbands behalf (he's been jumping much longer than me) We just moved to Indiana from Florida and Seb is a great DZ. Another you may want to look into is the Florida Skydive Center in Lake Wales. My husband went through AFF there and had a great expierence. Good Luck & keep us updated on your progress.:)

Sebastian has a great view!!! I am in Sebastian daily, so come see me. FYI, Sebastian opens at 9 am during the summer and they are closed on tuesdays...just so you know. 12 days should be fine, unless we get a hurricaine or just some shitluck with weather. Otherwise you should have no problems.

Poor Skylark...travels all this way to have this be one of the slowest weekends I have seen at Sebastian. Not even any campers hanging out. And the winds - the winds were NOT cooperating for the newbies without license yet. Still - nice to say Hi in person to yet another DZ.com'er.......Hope the week turns out better for him

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Aw, never mind, it was nice to say 'hi', Denise. I'm still having fun here and could well stay at least another two weeks(!) Hopefully see you again at some point and well done on your '100th'.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience