Joyner

Fallrates during tracking dives

Not to start a pissing contest, I am just trying to constantly improve one important aspect of my skydiving and that is tracking. I have recently made a few solo jumps in my normal FS-suit with booties, no extra clothes or gloves. I was a bit surprised at how slow I could fall and that made me curious as to how slow others can fall during tracking. My Pro-Track mounted inside my Z1 full face gave me an average speed of 143 km/h (88,6 MPH), First half 139 km/h (86.1 MPH), second half 147 km/h, 91 MPH (a bit faster to go to box position before deploying)

Might add that normal box-position speed for me is 192 km/h, 119 MPH.

I know that vertical speed isn't the only aspect of a good track, but as far as I can tell I have no problems distance wise compared to others.

yup thats a good track..wont do you much good in tracking dives where the point is to stay together and play, but its something to work on..

we need to organize some tracking dives for all the mad flat trackers out there...none of this sinking to fly to the group stuff..;)

Tracking is my favorite. I actually use a GPS with a barometric altimeter on some of my tracking jumps. When I get it pegged out well, I can maintain a 79/80 mph vertical speed and cover over a mile of territory. It helps that I am 6'2, 160lbs, and have the wingspan of a B-52. --I attached a pic; I'm the big one in the front.

I'm still learning, and tracking with the others is not an easy thing for me... I have a difficult time falling as fast as they do.

Merriah and Me Tracking.jpg