velvetjo

Powered Parachute Jump Advice?

Does anyone here have experience jumping from powered parachutes? I have a chance to get a ride in one soon, and the pilot has agreed to let me jump from it.

We'll have permission of the landowner (at a private airfield), and I know how to call ATC for the jump NOTAM. I plan to rehearse the exit several times on the ground with the pilot. Any other concerns? Climbout advice? Does the pilot need an emergency chute?

Lance

i have a friend who has jumped one! to my knowledge the pilot does not have to wear a chute. in terms of the exit he made the mistake of pushing off the cradle instead of just rolling out of it and thus rocking it a bit which sort of upset the pilot!

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

I've jumped one about 3 times. here is me going off it once. You can see the pilot pulls in the control line so I don't snag it on the way .. i carefully stood up in my seat and just kinda rolled off.. onto my back. There is video of it somewhere, not sure if it is on my website or not.

have fun!

Kevin