Blahr

Speaking of water training...

Dont everyone speak at once!

OK

Mine involved a lecture/demo about water hazards, then putting on an old rig, jumping into a pond (about 20 ft deep) and having an old canopy (already soaking wet) thrown over my head. In order to pass had to undo the harness and get out of it, and swim out from under the canopy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Mine was a discussion (lecture) on water hazards and then off to a lake where we put on old rig, jumped into the lake, and had the canopy thrown over our heads. Passing was getting out getting out of the harness and from underneath the canopy.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Around here it is kinda treated as a post - jump day party. Over to whoever-has-a-pool-'s house...get in the water with a rig and canopy over your head and get out without the rig. Then drink beer for your first canopy in the water.
...FUN FOR ALL!

Around here it is kinda treated as a post - jump day party. Over to whoever-has-a-pool-'s house...get in the water with a rig and canopy over your head and get out without the rig. Then drink beer for your first canopy in the water.
...FUN FOR ALL!

This is what I will be doing this weekend. A little pool party, and a little water training... Water is very hard to come by near our dropzone, but I am happy to get the training. Hope to jump in Florida sometime soon.

It's no big whoop. You get a short lecture then put on a rig, undo the chest strap, flare as you jump in the pool (or you'll have to do it again), the canopy is thrown over your head, and you swim out from underneath it all.

Tip: Volunteer to be first so you can put on a DRY rig, everyone after that will put on a clammy, wet one! Hee hee...
Attitude is everything!