schattenjaeger

I'm sure it's been said enough times, but PLF!

I just had my first real "PLF or get seriously hurt" landing on jump number 7:) Immediately following my first stand-up landing to, what a day! I flared a bit high, got down to about my chest with the flare, realized it was high, and with a typical intelligent student reaction, I popped the toggles pretty much all the way up. And downnnn went my nose! Feet and knees together, legs bent and flexed, went ahead and finished out the flare for what it was worth, but it was obvious I was coming in hard(thankfully with lots of forward momentum to make this next part easier), feet touched, and I rolled over my left shoulder, and wound up rolling over again on my side for good measure. Stood up and waved to the crowd to let 'em know I was ok. Everybody who saw complimented my reaction, and I was quickly sobered up when a couple of people pointed out that I probably would have broken something without the PLF...and with the PLF I walked away with style points. So, important lesson learned of the day: Landing will always be the most dangerous part, the parachute just makes it a bit less dangerous!:)

with the PLF I walked away with style points.

Got video? :)

Thanks for posting that, and glad you're not posting another "tough lesson to learn" story.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)