Scottyb

Sisters handicapped tandem @ Cross Keys

Holy moly. I am NOT a mushy, sentimental person generally, but that last pic got me. That is the look of pure, unadulterated joy. Absolutely beautiful.

Biggest, most heartfelt congratulations to Jaime!! Welcome to the skies, sweetie!!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Just a quick update, Jaime is feeling exactly like we all did after our first jump, she told me she thinks about skydiving all the time. I think she wore out the tape of her jump! She has everyone she knows watch it when they come over and is just as excited watching as the first time she watched. She can't wait to jump again,

They are doing a feature about her jump in the newsletter from UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) so she is also very excited about that. I will keep you posted on our new memember of the skydiving family.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWIE WOW WOW!!!
Oh man, how incredibly AWESOME!!!!! Everyone else was right about that last picture!!! It gave me goose bumps!!!! That look on her face! WOW! I am SO happy for you two!!!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us!

Cheers to you and your sister!!!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Your story is too awesome, I am so happy for your sister, what a sweetheart. My daughter Zoe also has cerebral palsy. (My avatar is a picture I painted of her). We are very fortunate that she is verbal, and is able to use a walker. We call her gravity challenged because she's afraid of falling, but she wants to skydive one day! We've pretty much told her there is nothing she can't do, there is always a way around logistics, as your sister has proved! Tell her congrats for me!

Blue Skies and Soft Landings Jaime!

Teresa

Scotty,

Once again, a poignant lesson from someone who, by conventional wisdom, would not be expected to achieve. Your sisters accomplishment is more inspiring than the feats of the gifted in this sport (whom I DO hold in awe).

I also am chastened by your conduct, to add to the lives of others. Like a lot of battle battered old humans, I learned to shut out emotions in real life situations, but I cry like a baby at representations of emotions... I had to wipe tears not only when I saw the original photos, but also when I read of your carrying your sister into the plane... I salute you.

Please accept, and pass on to your sister my appreciation for the inspiration you both provide!

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?

She can't wait to jump again! We talk about it all the time and it never fails to put a smile on her face! She wants to take some other family members & friends to jump. At our DZ if you sign up 10 people your skydive is free, That's what she is going for. I'll let you know when she jumps again.

blue skies

yep the last pic will make ya cry!

I have to agree...but it's a good thing! :)happiest person that I have ever seen! Big smile through my tears! Jaime is a true inspiration!

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!