cpoxon

If you could no longer obtain Travel Insurance that covered skydiving, would you stop travelling abroad to jump?

This relates to the When skydiving abroad do you take out Travel Insurance that insures jumping? poll I just posted.

Would the fact that you were unable to cover yourself for medical expenses, search and rescue and repatriation when skydiving abroad, and risk saddling you and your family with huge debts for a significant portion of life, dissuade you from travelling and jumping in a foreign country? And why?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I've jumped in Spain without any insurance but I'd be very wary of going to the States for the reasons you mentioned - medical bills can, I imagine, get very big very quick.

Do you think there's a danger of insurance becoming more difficult to come by?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I've jumped in Spain without any insurance

Would you do it again? (Especially considering the outs at Empuria!) Do you know how much repatriation costs? Could you cover it? Could your parents? Or wouldn't you mind spending the next X months in a hospital where you don't speak the language until you are recovered enough to travel home "normally".

Do you think there's a danger of insurance becoming more difficult to come by?

Researching the withdrawl of BASE jumping cover by a certain UK underwriter and the increase in risk category for skydiving by another broker certainly has me wondering...
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Would you do it again? (Especially considering the outs at Empuria!)

No. Infact I've been twice since the time I went without any insurance and both times I took out an Axa policy. You and I know someone that was badly hurt and hospitalised from an out landing at Empuria, his story was enough to convince me that insurance is a good thing - even when you're covered by an E111.

Or wouldn't you mind spending the next X months in a hospital where you don't speak the language until you are recovered enough to travel home "normally".

Actually Spannish hospitals are supposed to be very good but yes, I would rather be at home.

and the increase in risk category for skydiving by another broker

What's the story behind that?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Actually Spannish hospitals are supposed to be very good but yes, I would rather be at home.

In fact they're not.. ;-P (I got a bad landing in Spain, and I don t think I have been cured seriously... that was not a serious wound, hopefully)

I know that it doesn t add a lot, but just as an information: the insurance included in the licence of the French Federation is available worldwide... maybe this could be negociated too in other federations...
Alambic