futurehighflyer

OMFG!!!!!

yup, every jump since about my 6th or 7th jump (i have a whole 47 as of last night!)... i'll do what i want to do on the jump and then take a few seconds just to look around and i get such a buzz. same thing under canopy, unless it's a long spot and i'm concentrating on (or deciding if i can!) get back.

this sport simply rocks. B|
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Dude, hell yeah, just last weekend! It was my first time jumping with this guy that was new to our dz (Chris you kick ass bro!) and we got like 9 docks in, from hand docks on both sides, hand to foot, to spock, to double spock, and both of us did all this from both sit and head down orientations. It was sweet as hell!! Then we went out to try it again, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and we pulled it off again, with lots of time to play with eagles!! ;) I'm still psyched about it, I'm used to chasing newbies all over the sky......... B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Ya I had that feeling when I turned off the hill into a dock for the first time and matched fall rate and movements the entire jump with a 1000+ jumper and it was all on jump #29. It was awesome and the guy I jumped with was as proud of me as I was and gave me a huge hug afterwards. Makes you just want to go again and again and again....

yeah the first completed 106 way I was on, we built on the 3rd jump and I was just looking across the sky full of people going "wow, this is SO very cool":)

8/17/03
First jump of the day. 13th jump of the Texas 125-way. Late diver out of trail casa, backed off my head down swoop and for a change don't see any low before I get to the formation. Soft dock and then someone ends up on my back, after shucking them off someone else takes out my feet! Get back in and after a few seconds see the Josh Hill on his back filming from below and I realize the calmness of the formation and know that we got it! Freakin' amazing feeling!B|

Oh yeah.

My first - and so far only - helipcopter jump in May. Dropping off the chopper, watching it get smaller and smaller, the deep blue sky above it with a few fluffy clouds, feeling like a tiny speck in the universe but also feeling bigger than the world.

And before that, my first jump off of student status, I did my hop'n'pop, and I was trying out gear that I wanted to buy. I was seriously thinking about not continuing, feeling guilty for the time and money I was spending. But I decided to go - I was in the way! and went out poised, pulled, opened, did everything I'd been told to do, and then did a nice 180o turn. There were God's rays streaming through the clouds, the clouds were golden with the sunset, the lakes were glistening with diamond reflections. The air was crisp and clean, the world was silent. It was a perfect moment. And I decided right there that I couldn't NOT keep skydiving.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Another very memorable jump, my AFF level 2. I doubt very much that you lot over the pond in the states will understand this but...

I'm a Sunderland football (soccer) supporter through and through and we are bitter enemies with Newcastle. Last season (when we were Premiership :() I was going to the Sunderland v Newcastle match one afternoon. I went for my AFF 2 on that morning and when I was in freefall I noticed the Stadium of Light (Sunderlands Stadium) 30 mile away up the coast. Just the feeling of seeing the stadium at 12000ft while falling and thinking "I'm going there to see my first Sunderland v Newcastle game in a few hours" was amazing!!

The view when in freefall above Peterlee is amazing.

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------