mofo554

AAD Saves

Is there anywhere with statistics regarding instances where an AAD has saved a life?

If not, any stories you know of that you'd kindly share? If so, why did the AAD fire? (i.e. jumper pulled too low and had two out, simply forgot to pull, got knocked unconscious, etc.)

The statics say if you don't have an AAD it can not save your life. A cypres costs approx. $1200.00.
If it never saves you it was an insurance policy you never had to use, If it does save you it was the best $1200 you ever spent.
If you are doing CRW or something like that you can turn it off.
My life is worth $1200 for the sole reason if I die my wife gets $750,000 and I would hate for her next husband to live in my house drive my truck and play with my dog for free.
I always jump with an AAD
An AAD is an electronic device and may not work but if it is needed and does work it was worth it---if it is needed and doesn't work well you can't take it with you!!!!!!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Read This: http://www.cypres-usa.com/saves02b.htm

Its in PDF format and its only reported saves. No breakdown of the stats, but its got some enlighting storeies in it. A lot of forgetting what to do, forgetting what order to pull, forgetting altitude and simliar stories. There are not man knocked out in freefall, but there are a few.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The statics say if you don't have an AAD it can not save your life. A cypres costs approx. $1200.00.

An AAD is an electronic device and may not work but if it is needed and does work it was worth it---if it is needed and doesn't work well you can't take it with you!!!!!!

Don't forget AAD is NOT equal to Cypres.
A cypres is an AAD but certainly not the only one and certainly not the cheapest.

Other electronic AAD: Vigil, FXC Astra
Also, there are mechanical (non electronic) out there asswel.
You are right with the it might not work statement however.

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I saw an FXC fire this weekend and I am pretty sure that the girl would have went in without it, it was pretty frightening. I jump with a cypress because I could afford one when I started but I would still jump without one.

She was a first jump student. Instructor aided deployment from 3500'. I saw her leave the plane and fall for quite some time (I've never seen anyone that low before, however i am quite new to skydiving). I guess the bridle somehow got wrapped around her leg (I'm not sure how). Needless to say I was relieved when I saw the reserve come out.