sundevil777

A reserve PC takes up a lot of space in a suitcase

I actually thought about how it will be a pain in the ass to take my gear home without being able to pack it.:D

I was at Eloy, after a great 13 point 8 way that included a couple of AZ Airspeed members B|.

The fun was first dampened by a hard opening, and then the sight of a lineover on the 2nd cell from the right side. Spin, spin, SHIT, SHIT, yanking on the toggle wasn't doing anything (I realize now that pulling the riser may be more effective). I let go of the toggles and go for my handles (thinking, this is pretty cool that I'll be able to use my loop cutaway handle and low proile metal reserve handle). An up-close witness reports that the line-over cleared when I dropped the toggles - of course I didn't notice this before pulling my handles.[:/] Then I went right back to flat and stable (sure-the line-over had cleared). Had a Beautiful opening (about 1800) and didn't get dirty landing my spare.B|

I used to think I was not vulnerable to line-overs because I stack pack. I was wrong.:S

Maybe I should have been pulling on the entire riser (or both right side risers). Maybe dropping the toggle or riser after pulling down to allow it to 'pop' up as fast as possible is more effective. I probably did that when I dropped the toggles to go for my handles. It sure would be nice to have results of a real study of the best way to clear them.

No RSL. No delay before pulling reserve. No broken bands on the D-bag that might indicate bag-dump. No problem for the guys in the van to find my stuff in the AZ desert. No worries about airport - TSA morons wanting to open up my container.

Sure was a lot harder making stuff fit to go home.

Cliff
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The color was beautiful.;)

Light blue Swift Plus 225.

Sure beats the couple of landings I had on the 26 foot hi-porosity conical.

My other cutaway with a 3-ring release was with the 200 sq.ft. version of the Swift Plus. It had a real nice flare also.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

When traveling I bring the bare essentials needed to close my reserve; at least it's easier to haul home that way.

Good idea, I'm embarrassed that I did not think of just closing the reserve with just the PC in it.

One way to get the spring so you can stow it is to get some cardbord and packing tape. Compress the spring inbetween two peces of card bord and tape it up. Nice littel package. Less room.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.