Nightingale

Just starting out...alone.

For seven years I mentioned to most of my friends that I wanted to try to skydive. Everytime they backed out. Finally I got up the skill AND the cash to do it and I decided it didn't matter if I had someone to do it with anyway. This weekend I'll hopefully be successfully completing my level 7 AFF jump. It's been great and I don't think it would have been any funner if I would have done it with someone. I've met some great people and I wouldn't have it any differently. DO IT NOW!!!!

Hi Kris,
Welcome to skydiving!! You should go out to Perris on Saturday just to watch and learn if you plan on doing AFF. There is a lot going on this weekend.

I'll be there, so if you see a guy with a black and gray goatee come up and say Hi!

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

Hey it looked like you had a ball on your first tandem! Schweet website too, by the way!
I never had any freefall photo's of my very first jump, so it was good to see yours.

About AFF, chill babe. You'll be way too busy enjoying the thrill to worry about being alone. From reading through the thread, it looks like you'll fit in quite fine. I live all the way over in Australia. Although there's a few other Aussies who roam around dz.com, no many live up north where I am! But I get by quite fine.;) You'll have a blast:)

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

Don't feel wierd. Get the license and you'll find yourself in a whole new world of friends.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

Hey Kris

It looks like this thread has some life in it and I was just a little curious to see how your jumps are coming. Your current profile reads 1 tandem and 1 AFF. So we've got to assume that you did your level 1 and maybe more? How'd it go? Any plans for future jumps?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've since done one more tandem, last sunday.

Going to try for AFF 2 tomorrow or sunday. probably tomorrow.

Cool ... and good luck. Let us know how it goes. We need more women like you in this sport. :$

PS: I checked out your website and signed your guestbook.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over