Phillbo

AFF 1,2 and 3 today

1 was intense with tons to do but I got it all done and the only negative comment was to slow down and not hurry it. Landing was spot on but I pulled my legs up (bad Tandem habit I guess) and used the ol' rump a bit .. 2 was much easier with just COA and 90 degreee turns. NAILED the landing within 5 feet and did not even have to take a step. Boom, standing up.

3 was fine until I started to do a right 360 after release. The left was spot on, good eye contact and head whip. Did not drift away B|. Altitude check and then the right 360 and bang, all kinds of out of control . I went feet down and back slided. the instructor stabalized me and I just relaxed and did slow right turns until wave off.

It appear that I have a string attached from my right elbow to my right heal. Dip my shoulders to turn right and my right heal comes in >:(. I have to do it again (cool with me , I want to fix little issue before they become big issues so I'm doing it tomorrow) .

Advice on stopping this ? I don't even know I am doing it :P

I'm proud of myself for getting this far . Not bad for a fat old guy ;)

Sounds like your well on your way!

Congrats :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Well.. I did level 3 again and nailed it .. It's all in the instructor as far as I'm concerned. I did 1 and 2 with an instructor I liked and then got switched for the first level 3. I went back on Sunday and asked for my original instructor and did a perfect 3 and 4 with him .

Legs out and a nice stable arch! One COA and then he was out in front of me. We just relaxed and did hover control all the way to wave off. 4 was a nice exit and 360's that were right one the money. I got the legs out signal once and the rest was all good. I landed short and flaired a bit too early so now I have a battle wound on my right calf but thats cool.

2 weeks and I will head back down to finish up level 5-7 and my first solo... This is gonna be fun. I can't wait to just jump out and have nothing to do but relax and enjoy the view !!!!!