bluegremlin

BPA Prices

Is this what you are looking for:-

TO CONVERT STUDENT PROVISIONAL (CATEGORY 3/TANDEM/AFF LEVEL 1) / TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP TO FULL:

Between April and August: £63.00
From September: £44.53
October: £42.15
November: £36.28
December: £33.89
January: £28.00
February: £25.63

If not give them a ring as MIKEMC suggests. They are usually very helpful. :)
Edit to include:-

STUDENT PROVISIONAL (CATEGORY 3/TANDEM/AFF LEVEL 1) MEMBERSHIP
(Valid for ONE YEAR or until the person concerned goes onto free fall (Category 3 and Tandem membership) or has completed Level 1 (AFF Level 1 and Tandem Membership) whichever is the sooner.

TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP

(Valid for 1 Month, Unlimited Jumping)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

beaten bugger!!!!!:S

This temporary Membership is for non BPA members, i.e. Jumpers from non U.K. countries wishing to temporarily jump at BPA Affiliated Clubs or Centres, or for those only wishing to join the BPA for a short period of time.......

£13.00 for my Temporary Membership Fee.........

i cant see how it lasts for though.

FULL Membership, joining:
Between April and August: £77.00
From September: £53.08
October: £50.36
November: £44.14
December: £41.41
January: £35.25
February: £32.54

hope that helps. ;)

You can get a Word Viewer from http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q165/9/08.ASP

also whats the terms and conditions of a temporary membership??

From F104 - Temporary Membership 2003/4

Same as Full Membership I think,

I, the applicant for membership, whose full details appear overleaf, hereby apply for membership of the British Parachute
Association Limited ("BPAL") and I agree as follows:

1. In this agreement the expression "the Association" shall include where the context so admits BPAL, any affiliated or associated Parachute Club, Centre or other organisation (whether incorporated or not), any instructor, rigger or packer (whether or not employed at any club or centre), any other individual or corporate member of BPAL and any club or centre and any servant or agent of BPAL or any club or centre. References to the masculine gender shall include the feminine and the singular shall include the plural.

2. In consideration of you accepting me as a member of BPAL, I agree that for so long as I shall be and remain a member of BPAL and at all times when I am taking part in any parachuting or related activity at a BPAL associated club or centre I shall be bound by (a) the BPAL Memoranda and Articles of Association (b) all the Association's rules and regulations particularly safety regulations (c) all lawful instructions given to me by instructors and those put in charge of me on behalf of the Association.

3. I authorise BPAL to apply part of my membership fee towards the purchase of Third Party Liability Insurance through the Association's scheme effective from time to time. Such insurance shall cover my personal and public liability for death or injury to persons and damage to property caused during the course of any parachuting activity undertaken by me. The value and limit of such insurance shall be such minimum figure as BPAL may from time to time determine. I understand that BPAL membership insurance is not valid in the USA, or at any club or centre in the United Kingdom which is not affiliated to BPAL.

Instructors who are members of BPAL cannot claim indemnity under the BPAL third party insurance scheme if any club or centre for whom they are working at the relevant time is not a participating club or centre which has made a contribution to the premiums payable by BPAL for such third party liability insurance. Such instructors are therefore advised to effect their own third party liability insurance at their own expense.

4. I understand that any training supervision or equipment with which I am provided at any club or centre which is associated to BPAL will be of an adequate and safe standard. Nevertheless I fully understand and freely acknowledge that sport parachuting is inherently dangerous regardless of the standard of training, supervision and equipment employed.

I voluntarily accept all the risks inherent in the sport and I agree to carry out all parachute jumps and all activities connected with parachuting strictly in accordance with any instructions or tuition which I may at any time receive from any person authorised by any club or centre which is associated to BPAL to give me such instructions or tuition.

5. I agree for myself and my personal representatives to indemnify and hold harmless the Association against any claim or claims whether on my own account or from Third Parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death) and whether or not caused by my negligence or arising in consequence of my membership of BPAL or my participation in any form of parachuting or related activity.

6. I agree to notify BPAL within three working days of any accident or incident involving a Third Party and resulting from any approved sport parachute jump made by me.

also

This temporary Membership is for non BPA members, i.e. Jumpers from non U.K. countries wishing to temporarily jump at BPA Affiliated Clubs or Centres, or for those only wishing to join the BPA for a short period of time.

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

also whats the terms and conditions of a temporary membership??

You don't get a copy of the mag and you cannot vote in the election of coucil members - oh and you can't be in freefall which is more important.;)
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

The prices i quoted were for full membership. Meaning if you are joining for the first time then you will pay X amount.

handbags prices are if you are already a temporary member and wish to upgrade.

We are good arent we!!! Lets share our wealth of knowledge with our new members and confuse the hell out of them! :S

I think if you book a one time static line you get provisional membership and should you wish to continue through the wraps course you have to pay for the upgrade.

AFF - i think you will have to pay for a full membership, sometimes they include it in the cost of your course depends on the DZ.

do most uk dropzones provide provisional bpa membership free of cost to all aff / s/l students?

With AFF you can get your first jump on the membership you get for free, with static line you get 1 year or untill you get onto your first freefall, then you must get a full membership (This is what has happned to me).