mikkey

POPS Question - need some ideas

Hi,

I had a couple of jumps with the Australian "top-pop" this week-end and mentioned to him that I thought we should be more active in "POPS" down here. When you join you get a membership card and number and a textile patch for your jump suit and that is it. No communication and if you want to know about world meet or regional meet you need to keep your eyes open.

So I offered to start an e-mail list for the local POPS and look at putting a web-site up in order to improve communication between members.

I know that POPS in the US are very active and would not mind to get some ideas by learning how other POPS groups communicate and what type of activities are being held.

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Actually, a smarter pro-active move would be to set up a system where you could register with the organization online. I hate to admit it, but I have still not sent in for my membership, though I talked a lot of shit about "can't wait to be a POPS." Snail mail is such a hassle though, so that's my excuse.

Chuck

and none of those posts helped mikkey:D:D:D
Mikkey why not set it up like Relworkers or Sporting Skydivers, and use a Yahoo Group, advertise cin ASM and link a site from the APF?

BTW I'm also old enough (just):D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks. Real feed-back... :P

What you suggest is in the pipeline. I was more interested in what type of social and skydiving activities other POPS chapters are doing which have shown to be popular with us old boys...(and girls).
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.