TXBLKBEAR

SPEED all you want, Who CARES!!!

Ok.. in the BIG PICTURE of things.. think of it this way.... I can fall at 140 MPH on my belly.... I have hit 253 MPH in a speed dive....it just kind of makes 5 MPH over the speed limit seem kind of pointless for some reason:P

I do my speeding in the sky

Ok.. in the BIG PICTURE of things.. think of it this way.... I can fall at 140 MPH on my belly.... I have hit 253 MPH in a speed dive....it just kind of makes 5 MPH over the speed limit seem kind of pointless for some reason:P

I do my speeding in the sky

Some of my whuffo friends can't believe how much I'm in the process of spending on skydiving (buying a rig, finished paying for 41 student jumps) - more than my motorcycle cost, more than their new set of golf clubs, more than etc.. I just explain that all that other stuff doesn't go fast enough.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Man, i've had like 5 or 6 tickets in the past year, no fun! I find that the cop either wants to write you a ticket or not. I've been asked if I knew how fast I was going, and I give an estimate. I have been asked why I was speeding, and have given the "I don't know" or "everyone else was" (doh!). I gave up at one point and decided to be a total bitch cuz wtf cared anymore, I was figuring on just letting my license get suspended and start taking a bus at this point, lol! Well, the guy says, can you please keep it down, kids bla bla (school zone),.. I was like "it's a free country, etc", and he said he is about to give a warning... WHOA! ?que? Stop right there, buddy, say no more, i'll shuttup now! lol!

Those were cool tips, i'll use them wisely. On top that, I find myself with less $$ to burn these days, so I try to keep it safe... rather spend my $$ on jumps than save a minute or two.

What holds up a chickens ass? (Do you know)?

ROFL! I almost died laughing when I read that!

Angela.

like i said...class 31-03...graduated july 3rd 2003...507 PIR...this past summer...great time...except i had more jumps then my SGT Airborne, he didnt like me too much for that...he thought it was wierd i wasnt nervous when i was jumping, i said, "SGT, im not nervous to jump from an airplane, i just dont want to land one of these rounds"

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

I generally don't speed enough to draw attention to myself (around 75 in illinois where it's 65) I figure if I'm going 10 over, and I'm not driving like an idiot, I'm not at too much risk. it saves me about 15 minutes or so each leg of the drive to the dropzone that I make every weekend.

Seems to work, I've never been pulled over.

Hey Airborne,

Where is your duty station, MOS and all that. What type of unit are you in?

I bet your SGT had you beating your boots all day long!
Sport jumping is nothing like the military, I'm sure you could show your black Hats a thing or two.

Congratulations - YOU ARE.... AIRBORNE!!:)

Airborne!

Here it Goes. May not be what you expected but it's the plain truth.

When a person gets stopped for speeding it is a significant event in their life. This is true for a couple of reasons. First of all unless you get pulled over two or three times a week its a surprise. No, not because you weren't speeding, but because you got caught. (Never mind the others that were speeding around you,YOU got it this time). Second- I don't care where you live, Tickets an not cheap!

To a Trooper this is an everyday thing. Day in Day out for the most part. So if a Trooper pulls over an average of 25 customers a day, that comes out to 125 a week, 500 a month, 6,000 a year. If this Trooper is not totally new that means in the last three years he has pulled over 18,000 Speeders just like you. Soooooo......
What makes you think we haven't heard the great story you just thought up at least a thousand times.
Thats why a lot of the so called good ones don't fly.

One of my all time favorites is - "I gotta go to the bathroom really bad"

Thats when I say "but sir you just passed 3 exit ramps"? So I check out the story by slowly writing the ticket. If they pee, they get a warning[:/]:ph34r:.

"My (fill in the blank) is in the hospital and I have to get there now" Thats when I ask what hospital and whats their full name so I can call and get a status report for you over the radio. "don't Know what hospital sir, I'm just trying to get there fast":S
>:( Two tickets!!!

I could go on forever but I'll stop.

I said all that to say. Tell us what we hardly ever hear!! THE TRUTH! "Sir my wife was talking to me and I was in a hurry to get her out of the car" Or "yes Sir I was speeding, going about 90 I think, I just have a heavy foot, sorry about that, Sir"

We are all human too and understand. What we don't understand or like is when we are lied too.>:(
Now I wont be angry on the outside when you lie, but you just turned your possible warning into a definite Ticket.
Rules to make me happy when your stopped.

1. Pull alllll the way over. Off the shoulder, at least Half or your vehicle should be in the grass. This gives me room to make contact without getting run down.
2. When ever possible, pull over to the RT-shoulder of the roadway. I would rather see you put your RT blinker on and negotiate traffic to get to the right side than get run down trying to talk to you by the fast lane.
3. Turn off the music, get off the cell phone and roll all your windows down. Officer safety, lets me know you care:)4. Turn off the car. I'm standing outside with traffic in my ear. I can hardly hear you as it is.
5. Keep your hands visible. both at 12 high on the steering wheel. Don't be looking for wallet or insurance. I don't know you! you might be reaching for a gun or hiding that Blunt! Officer safety makes us happy. I'm happy I might make you happy.
6. At night, turn on all the dome lights in the vehicle, I want to see what's going on. Happy.:)7. Never start your contact with me like, What did I do? Or can I help you officer. Or Why did you stop me. The officer will tell you all in good time. If you start on the defensive you put me on the defensive, We usually win. One way or another.
8. Don't smart off. It will only make things worse for you. Even after you get a ticket. We do go to court with the same judge once a month every month for years. Enough said.

It's not 100% because if one of your fellow customers has come along before you and pissed in my coffee, I may be pissed for the whole day.

But if you put all of those things together they will most times tip the scale for you.

Blue Skies.

can't we just lay a 100 on the dash and wink, and make everything good?;)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Well right now im only a Cadet :(...Army ROTC Unit at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University..daytona beach floria..hence the Deland Drop Zone. Hopefully when i graduate as a 2LT ill be MI i think or Aviation...cant decide yet. I want to go special forces and be 18A. All i want in my career is the 3 tabs...airborne, special forces and ranger. I got one out of three so far, so aint bad.
What about yourself?
- C825 (my airborne number)
(ps: hopefully i can convince the golden knights to let officers jump!)

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

10.5 Years Active 11 Bush light fighter. 25th ID Schofield Bks Hawaii.
Exit AD Rank SFC/E-7

6 Years and counting Army National Guard.
49th AD 3/144 Inf Bradley
Just Completed 1 more year active duty.
Called up for War, Got back 1 Aug 03
Current rank, 1SG(P) C 3/144 INF Bradley

Nothing wrong with being a Cadet, We all start somewhere. At least your not a ring knocker.

If your not going to be an Infantry officer, Go Aviation, You'll be glad you did in the long run.

MI is ok if you want to be a spook someday.
Airborne!***

Airborne!

HAHA...yea good thing im not a ring knocker. Its sad to say i wanted to be a for a few years. I was quialified for three years when i applied, but i never was accepted. I thought it was bad until this summer at airborne school ig ot to see all of them in action and was glad i wasnt there!

1sgt, when you going to come down to daytona, check out our ROTC program.

Yea, aviation maybe...our school has like 90% acceptance rate of it. MI only cause i wanted to go special forces, but there is always the 160th. I just finished reading the book by CW4 Mike Durrant, amazing book.

Where else were you stationed. I have to also figure out where I want to get stationed. I know Hawaii must be nice, i might be going to air assault school there this summer. Any other good sugestions. Im thinking Ft. Brag, Campbell, or Venice Italy.

"Airborne all the way"
EL Cantador Rodriguez

Yea, I trained a few ring Knockers as a PLT SGT. Talking about Hotel in Your Alpha!:S These guys were all mixed up.

How many guys in your program jump with you?
been Stationed in Panama, Korea, and Saudi. Also did my duty as a Recruiter in L.A. (sucked ass):(.

Italy is hard to get, so if you get a chance, go for it.

If you want to deploy a lot, go the the 25th. (loved it):ph34r::ph34r: Nothing like it, should be your first choice. ;)

When I get a chance to go that way I'll stop by to see you and we can jump together LT.B|

Blue Skies

Airborne!