freeryde13

new chut ?

i have 20 jumps and was ready to buy a sabre 2 190 main as my first parachut. i asked quite afew people no one had anything bad to say about the chut or the choice of chut. then i just heard about this company called aerodyne or something like that, who could save me 20 or 30% the cost of the whole rig. so i'm just looking for any opinions on that parachut. any one heard of them? is that a good chut for my level? is it as safe and easy to land as i hear the sabre is? any help would be appreciated....thanx

people see me as a challenge to their balance

Performance Designs is the company that makes the Sabre2. Aerodyne is a different company that makes different chutEs. One of them is the Triathlon. Is that what you are considering?

Oh yeah, I think you need these: e,e,e,e,e. No charge.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

The Triathalon is a very good canopy, But so is the Sabre, Also Aerodyne just came out with a new container that looks like it might be a a good deal.
I have not seen one yet though. But either way both of the canopies you mentioned are good choices.
Still here after all these years

Clayton

I assume you're talking about Aerodyne's Pilot, which falls in about the same class as Sabre2 (9-cell, slightly tapered, good mixture of fun and forgiving). The best thing to do would be to demo both and see what you like better...IF experienced people you trust (preferrably your instructors) think you're ready for it.
Safe, however, depends also on the person flying the canopy...be stupid or push your limits too much and you'll get hurt no matter what you're flying.