phonics1981

Staying Current..

I havent been able to jump since the beginning of October due to work. I'm hoping to go back at the end of January, will I need to do any refresher training etc? I have my A license.

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

Even though you are in the UK and don't fall under USPA guildlines, I would suggest getting with a JM or coach and do a good review. Get in the hanging harness and practice. Why not do a coach jump and get back into the feel of the sky? It won't be wasted money, if fact, you might just remember a few things you forgot.
Good luck and have fun.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

When I left it four months post getting my a-licence,
I did have to be refreshered - but it was a case of one set of malfunction drills - which I do before getting into the plane anyway.
Your CCI will tell you what's necessary, if you're not happy, I'm sure a BI will run through whatever you want with you, have fun

I always do some type of refresher training if I haven't jumped for a while, from just playing with my body position to running through reserve drills. Ask your cci - they will give you the help. B|
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Yeah, Im the same, havn't been able to jump since late september, probably wont again until february. Ive had 3 month layoffs before, just had a quick refresh on emergency drills etc... and had an instructor follow me down out of sight to check I was ok.

After getting my A licence I took 6 months off due to work commitments and then general laziness. When I started back again I had to do refresher training and also a repeat level 7 AFF jump although they didn't make me pay the full AFF jump price for it. I had only done about 22 jumps though previously and only 3 of those were post A licence jumps.

Theres no way in the world I would have just got back in the plane without any refresher training though, even if they'd said I could have!

-- edited because I'm a div and can't spell

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~