cvfd1399

Passed AFF 3 and 4

Did not have time to post more last night but here is a few moments I remember. I am a big guy and this was the first jump(#3) where the JM let go. There was talk about people keeping up with me but I would have never thought I would have seen this. I jump out of the otter, coa, prcp, and toe taps. This was the first time I got to see anyone in the air with me. My reserve JM was in a "cannonball" position and my main JM was sitflying it was AWESOME sight to see them orbiting around me so close I looked into their eyes. Pulled and pop ouch should have not loosed that leg strap that much so, a light spank from her but it was all good. Control checks and set up pattern for landing. The LZ is about 8 inches of grass and with the rain it had about 4 inches of water over it in places. Came in for a flare and did a butt slide like I was on a ride at a water park. Had to be a funny site to see my ass skipping across the grass. Ok on to jump 2 level 4 one JM, in the door of the otter (which I love) out the door coa Jm moves in front of me. I get this funny face with a tongue and remember ha ha ooh shit legs out. Coa nod to start turns get nod back from JM release right turn stop left turn stop, by this time he is above me time for a dock. Track forward and he is descending down to my level closer closer and we touch for a second but not on the same level. Stopped track and waited for him to appear. look left look right look above... Hmm no JM well I am done with what I had to do if he is not here... heading-alt-heading-alt 5.5k lock on wave pull, ahh that is better nice soft opening glad I tightened leg straps up more this time. Control check played with canopy hey I am directly over the airport. HEY look over there it's my fav' otter coming in for landing. Maybe I should move from directly over the airport. Fly over some ok that is cool what is the blade doing, ooh it changed a bit time to set up my pattern. Ok think about what he is going to say over radio. "Turn left" yep thats what I thought I needed to do "left,right,left right" ok on final wait for it wait for it flare flare. I pulled to the finger tips and waited till the ground got to me instead of reaching for it. STOOD UP! I did not scream until Mr. Mike Brown the radio man ran over to me screaming, and I thought ooh my first stand up landing. WOO HOO I did not get to enjoy it much cus about 5 seconds later a tandem landed near me and covered me with their canopy lol. I love this sport!!!!B|

Edited to add: On first load my wife went out the door after me on her first tandem!