jmn1957us

Videos

Posted some info yesterday in talk back, but it gets lost so fast in there...

Skydivingmovies.com is currently undergoing a complete redesign. The new site will be completely web based, with no ftp server. I'm now paying for professional hosting, so it should be fast and reliable. Subscriptions will start at $20/month. Just kidding. :P

Site design is being done by dz.commer Lingobaby, and is coming along great. It may be ready for some beta testing within a couple weeks.

The videos from the site are temporarily being hosted by Cornholio at ftp://ftp.jaffie.com/. Bandwidth is limited so please don't go downloading all the files.

I'll be sure to let everyone know when skydivingmovies.com is ready for the public!

Dave

>This temorary FTP server is terrible!

Its free... better to have something thats "terrible" for free then it is to have to spend a lot of money with nothing to show for it except bills huh?

Thanks again Dave for doing this service for us.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The old website had been down for a few weeks before I decided to create the new one. The current temporary FTP server has been the only source of the videos since it went up.

But anyway, now you JUST HAVE TO WAIT! :P File uploading to the new site is in progress (somewhere in the area of 1400 files), and then descriptions need to be written for each. But I'm guessing within a couple weeks, we'll be looking for some beta testers to give some input, make sure it works properly, and to test download/upload speed. Just FYI, download speeds have been in the 295 KB/sec range for me so far. B| I think you're gonna like the new site.

Dave

download speeds have been in the 295 KB/sec range for me so far

damn!! that means you could watch most of the videos in real time without waiting to download.

Most video streaming programs like Launch.com
and MTV.com stream at around 300K with pretty good picture and sound.

I just did an online speed test for my new Cable modem.

The fastest download speed was 2940K per second.
(basically it's a 3Mbs connection)

Uploads were 249K per second, but thats only because Adelphia caps it at 250K to keep people from using their computer as a server (I guess they want you to pay extra for that;))

As you can tell, I need to brag to sombody about my new cable modem! It rocks!

Can't wait to see the new website!

scott

Well, downloads are fast, but there will be no streaming. All files will have to be downloaded completely to watch them. The web hosting company informed me of that as soon as they saw the name of my site. Not exactly sure why it uses more bandwidth to stream than to download, but it's their rule, not mine.

Dave