Spatula

How did you come up with the cashola?

Man, I agree whole hearted! I may not be able to afford to jump until summer time, if not fall or winter, but the DZO at (what I like to call) my home DZ has been great and has given me the oppurtunity to learn to pack and hopefully I'll offset the cost of training with that (not much but as much as I can). All I can say is I've done 3 jumps (2 tandem 1 aff) and I'm absolutily obsessed with the sport. I constantly want to learn more about every aspect of it, but probably the biggest reason I want to be apart of the sport is the people. The people is what (to me) makes this sport so amazing. You go to a DZ and in my very limited experiences everyone is outstanding. You ask one question and you can spend hours talking about it. Everone is so passionate about teaching others, and just having a good time. So for me, that's the numero uno reason why I'm hooked.

To pay for the student jumps...

I did the math on how much I spent on drinking a few beers every day, plus additional cigarettes smoked when drinking, and realized I could pay for the $tudent jumps with that money I was literally pissing away. I didn't have to go dry, just cool it during the week. That paid for the $1100 in student jumps over 5 months.

To get rig...

I got the container and reserve from one person and the main from another, and both were cool with large monthly payments.

I'm almost done with my training, hopefully finish it off this weekend, but it's put a strain on finances. Worth every penny though. I've cut back on going out, before I started this sport I would go out a few nights a week, now it's maybe one or two a month. Bring my lunch to work, rather than go out for it. Watch what I spend at the supermarket more than ever. I've sold two of my surfboards, surfings not as fun as skydiving. I've put my student loans on forebearnace, told them some unexpected expenses came up :ph34r:, thinking of selling my car and getting something thats not such a gas guzler, I hardly buy anything now unless it's skydiving related. Also my birthdays coming up and I've been hinting to my fam what I want, i.e., cash for a rig. I could use plastic, but I dont want to. So I'm begging, scraping pennies, cutting every unnecessary expensive.