DBCOOPER

USPA's impression of the Federal Government

Had my new card for about two weeks now.Sent me another notice that I got today.
"If you have already renewed this year please disregard this notice."
How about just dropping my dues 50 cents or quit wasting resources.:S
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

How about putting it all online and not mailing anything?

Especially the magazine. If someone wants a hard copy, they can pay extra for that so those that don't want them don't have to subsidize it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ooh, i don't know about that. i'd say general correspondence should be mostly computer-based. but, i would never give up my magazine. :S it's like christmas morning when i open my mailbox and find my mag. i take it with me everywhere! (okay, so i'm a little "odd," but that's besides the point :S)

:D:D:D

edited to add: rehmwa, do we EVER agree on anything????? :P;)

me too, I like the magazine.

No issue here, just pay an adder to get your hardcopy and those that don't, don't have to pay the extra - It's a very large component of the membership dues.

I was pretty excited about the magazine my first couple years, now I just don't read it at all. After a while it gets pretty lame.

We also get two since we can't decline it and get a discount. Why pay for something you don't use?

Also, wouldn't the rabid enviromentalists appreciate not making any more than what's specifically asked for.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

edited to add: rehmwa, do we EVER agree on anything????? :P;)

I remember agreeing about food at one point. I don't remember disagreeing about anything other than Space Balls and that's not very substantial. We will have to meet, eat something we both like, not see a movie, and do both RW and Freeflying someday.

(and I wasn't recommending eliminating the magazine, only just issuing it to those that want a hard copy and not make those that don't want one have to pay for it. So if we are disagreeing, then you are advocating that people have to pay for something they don't want. I doubt that's your position.....:D

(maybe instead of saying 'pay extra' to those that want one, I should have said 'discounted yearly dues (substantial)' for those that don't.......... fair enough?)

Okay... so a hybrid and a beer! Your dz or mine?? ;)B|

counter proposal - A hybrid, a FF jump, and some RW. I'm having marqueritas.......

and both dz's (or whichever one is not buried in 2 feet of snow)

Edit: Ok, michigan or Wisconsin/Minnesota won't meet the minimum snow requirements. How about neither dz, instead florida, arizona, or california with a ton of other dz.commers........

Okay... so a hybrid and a beer! Your dz or mine?? ;)B|

counter proposal - A hybrid, a FF jump, and some RW. I'm having marqueritas.......

and both dz's (or whichever one is not buried in 2 feet of snow)

Edit: Ok, michigan or Wisconsin/Minnesota won't meet the minimum snow requirements. How about neither dz, instead florida, arizona, or california with a ton of other dz.commers........

margaritas? i'm in! :)
:D:D:D

I'll see YOU at a dz this season! :P;):)

WHOA! I almost hit post before realizing I was commiting to doing RW!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!! belly fly? me? ha ha ha ha haha ha hahahahahah! :P

All around flyers can fly in any position (that's not freeflying, that's not belly flying, that's simply skydiving - and with other people it's all relative work). And I'll teach CrW (the REAL darkside) to anyone up to it as well. So go ahead and commit to it - it'll all be good, much like tequila.

later, enjoy that Lake Michigan snow effect.