palejo

Finish AFF today

My drop zone is Skydive Southwest Florida at Sundance Farms, LaBelle. FL. Today was my graduation day (L7 and L8) and end up doing two more solo jumps. It was a blast. I was even able to downsize a bit from a student Mav. 250 (9 cells) to a Sharpchuter 245 (7 cells). We did the Hop'nPop (L8) from our WestWind from 5K. It felt different to see the canopy sniveling longer than 5 secs. On my last jump today I did a slopy diving exit at 10K from a Cessna 206 (I was weak from all the packing and hungry) and did not bring my feet to my butt so I end up flipping over 2 times, those flips were a lot of fun and the recovery was pretty fast (hard arch) Good to see that you can get unstable and recover. had a butt landing.
Now I got to work on my A license.
I really appreciate all the hints and info that you guys share here in the forums. It really keep us together.
On March 19-21 my drop zone is throwing a Casa Boggie so all of you guys in Florida and why not from far away, from Freeflyers to RWs (small and big ways) and fun jumpers that would like to have fun with us are welcome to come. For info just go to http://www.skydiveswflorida.com

Safe skies;)
Alejandro
B27585

Hey grats. I finished my AFF a couple weeks ago and just did my first self JM dives today. It's a lot more fun when you don't really have to DO anything, you can just play with the sky, don't you think?

Don't forget to buy beer.

Yeah and it keeps on getting better and better. Feel good not to have the pressure of doing a task and you just go and relax and have fun on feefall. I did a backloop on the last jump today and the rest of the freefall was washing the scene and of course my alti

Congrats to you too
Alejandro
B27585

I had a similar felling when I got out of AFF, that I can go jump and not do anything. No jump plan. Even though this might be a lot of fun, you are wasting a lot of time. My much trusted instructor and friend told me to never jump without a diveplan. If you freefall for 50 seconds and paid a $20 jumpticket, you are paying 40cents a second. That is too much to wonder what you are going to do next. Do a move, spend two seconds thinking about stuff you could have had figured out on the ground.
Always have a diveplan, and you will advance much faster, and pick skills up much faster!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

true, I did a number of solo jumps after AFF where I just spun around in circles just to see how fast I could spin, would do several front or backloops in a row, etc. No real plan, just wanted to swim around a little and see what it would feel like. it's expensive, but not a bad way to figure it all out.

PcCoder.net

Everything will go just well. That L7 and h&P are really fun. On L7 you'll do whatever you think you need to improve. On my H&P I pull about 4 seconds after exit and while the canopy was still deploying i was watching and geeking the airplane banking to the right and going away. it was a blast.
Have tons of fun this weekend and be safe

Safe skies
Alejandro
B27585

Just wanted to try what's to be in the sky on your own without the pressure of a task. It was not a straight down boring freefall anyways. I did some turns, kept my heading, backloop and got stable, getting to know how my body flies. Under canopy I experimented a bit with rear raiser 360 turns. It was not a waste of time at all.
Thanks for the advice. Good idea always to have a plan
Safe skies
Alejandro
B27585