Tinkerbelle

Validation of Tinkerbelle's D#272

For all you cynics out there who gave me so much shit about my asserting my D#272 on my user profile, and of Bob Sinclaire and me being kindred spirits,...
Here's the validation!: ;):P:)B|:D

elfanie
Old Hand
Mar 1, 2004, 7:17 AM
Re: [Tinkerbelle] Stuck near Eloy with nothing to do
In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Bob wanted me to have his D number so I would forever be his emissary. Actually he wanted it to be legal so he sold it to me for a dollar and wrote me a permission slip just in case anyone doubts the validity. It concludes with... if anyone has a problem with it... tough shit!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hee hee...
I was chatting with Bob this weekend...and told him I had 'met' you on the computer. ("Oh, I don't get into new Fad things like computers." he says with that cheshire grin of his)

I told him what you'd said..he laughed and said that he did not sell the number to you...he GAVE it to you, and mentioned the ticket he gave you to prove that it was yours. (and told me about the "tough shit" part. heh...)

He's doing well, though...still does his potato exit about once a week or every other week (and on days with higher winds aloft...pisses people off in his charming "kiss my butt" way... Gotta love Bob..)
he did hope that you were doing better..

anyways...he wanted me to relay the message, so I have fulfilled my promise to do so.

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page

Tinkerbelle
Old Hand
Mar 1, 2004, 9:59 AM
Re: [elfanie] Stuck near Eloy with nothing to do? [In reply to] Quote | Reply

--------------------

Thanks!
I hope all those sceptics read this validation.
I can just hear Bob saying that "I don't get into FAD things like computers...." stuff. That is so Bob! He is great isn't he! Definitely a skydiving icon everyone should have the privilege to meet some day!
Eloy Annie!
Rehab is for quitters.

Ooooooooo!!!!
Who cares?
These discussions on numbers are such a waste of space. I don't care what anyone's number is. I can't believe this is so important to people.
Another thing I can't believe is someone would give away their number just because when they were giving out low ones he didn't get one that was low enough! That is so petty. So give it away? Yeah, way to show em. :S And let me tell you how jealous I am that you have a borrowed number. I am so thoroughly impressed. That really makes you special.
Look people, its about having fun in the air. Why do people troll on here and in the real world to try to create all this drama? Just have fun skydiving and quit all this idiocy (imo that is).

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

I need to start a troll-food distribution. I'd make a fortune.

I don't believe it, either.

She's not joking...she really has that license number, and it was given to her by Bob Sinclair (I know him - he lives at my home DZ).

But this post was, I believe, a light hearted "all in good fun" playing around sort of way. (in other words, it probably would have been better suited for talk back...)

but yes..he gave her his license number..and kept his #57 C license number. (he was also dissatisfied with his C license number, as he was hoping for #69. ;) I guess you'd have to know Bob to know what a character he is. B| )

This isn't meant as a pissing contest about numbers - and Bob wasn't pouting about his number. That was just his way of saying, "What difference does it make? I don't care...see...I'll even give it away."
But bob is that sort of guy...that's why, I think, he's been able to jump for over 50 years. (yes, literally)
doesn't take things too seriously. :)

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

I wish I could meet some skydiving icons.

Well, hell, there's quite a few of them walking around DeLand most of the time. Most of them are quite friendly too!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

[self-quote][/self-quote]

I was being genuine in my reply. Maybe I'm just more chatty then most, so I end up talking to more of the "icons". :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No you don't, I do.

You ARE an icon, Chuck! :ph34r:

I'm not saying I know a lot of people well in the sport. He jumps in Fl, so I'm just saying the "icons" are there for him to talk to if he makes the effort.

I'm not saying I know a lot of people well in the sport. He jumps in Fl, so I'm just saying the "icons" are there for him to talk to if he makes the effort.

I know, and I do talk to them. I was just making a joke regarding the sentiment in the original post...

Now, would anyone care to PROVE that I am friendly with skydiving icons for the disbelievers out there? :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey Lisa! You want my old police badge? Since I gave it to you, or you give me a dollar for it, you would then be a defacto retired cop.

Describing myself an unemployed, rather than retired stings a little, but I'd do it for you.

:P