reese

Wind Tunnel Time Pays Off

Time spent in a wind tunnel seems to have paid off. After having to repeat AFF 4 twice because of spinning problems, I passed L5 with no problem the first time. Heading correction were piece of cake, 360s left and right were smooth and in control. The light bulb seems to have gone on! Now its on to L6 and 7..the really fun levels. After a few anxious filled and frustrating jumps, I'm having a blast now. All I think about is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane now. Thanks for everyone's encouragement and advice when I was having a difficult time.

If i had the cash i would spend 2 hours every year in the tunnel just working on my skills. then more time with the team. the learning in the tunnel never stops!
it gives you total concentration on flying your body. no thought to openning or landing etc.

Hey man congrats, I am a tunnel rat. I love it and I am glad to here you found a confort in jumping from them. A tunnel as a good class room, but doesnt replace the real thing!;)
Life is what you make of it!
Come Fly WITH US www.bodyflyer.com

Time spent in a wind tunnel seems to have paid off. After having to repeat AFF 4 twice because of spinning problems, I passed L5 with no problem the first time. Heading correction were piece of cake, 360s left and right were smooth and in control. The light bulb seems to have gone on! Now its on to L6 and 7..the really fun levels. After a few anxious filled and frustrating jumps, I'm having a blast now. All I think about is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane now. Thanks for everyone's encouragement and advice when I was having a difficult time.

When were you there? I was in the tunnel Friday and Saturday mornings and it (along with some great Perris instructors) put me back on track. L4 (after 6 month layoff), L5, L6, and L7 all in straight succession. Unfortunately a wind hold on the first try at 6 left me out of time to finish the sequence before I drove back to San Francisco. Still no natural, but at least now the concern is can I accomplish the dive plan, not can I complete the jump without the JM being around?

And nothing liberates you more from fear than getting pushed out unstable and finding you can recover. Very useful when I screwed up on the next "stable" floating exit.

Hopefully we'll get one of these tunnels up in Northern California someday soon.