Darius11

Am i the only one?

Today I did one. I came down thinking that if I could never do freefall again, but only what I had just done, I'd continue jumping.

Amazing stuff...lots of time, space, quiet, space, views, space, did I mention space?...all to myself. Just me and the sky, dancing a delicate pas de deux, accompanied only by the wind and the snapping of my canopy - and an occasional hoot from me.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

The godseye view, peacefulness, smell of clean air tinged with clover or hay, formation flying with hawks and feeling of mastery contribute to the longing that drives me to stay in the air as long as possible. There is no other way to experience these sensations, and I haven't felt completely alive without them for many years.

D. James Nahikian
CHICAGO

WOW. You have a wonderful way with words.
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Very Cool!Glad to hear that there are still some of us left.Why back in the day,late 70's we could and did make jumps from 2,500 for just $2.50!Being that I was mostly poor at the time this was a very attractive way to make jumps.Hey,I might even learn something?Not sure how many low jumps I do have?Several Hundred I guess?Even now I open between 5,000 and 8,000 to just fly my parachute.It's all good.

Cross-countries are beautiful things!! We do them all the time @ Chicagoland.

Some people bring a luchbox w/ their chest strap threaded through it w/ drink, food & anything else.

@ our dz, we have heavy commercial air traffic, you need to make sure w/ manifest it's ok for you to be takin up the air space for that long. If you have the right uppers, you can go for MILES!!

Enjoy!!

ps. my 100th was a sunset cross-country. me & 22 other people - what a sight!! I could see the city of Chicago (70 miles away) the darkness of the lake & 22 of my buddies floating around.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I took a ten year break from skydiving to fly paragliders and hang gliders.

LOL! I took a 10 year layoff from hang gliding to do more skydiving... I love hop and pops from high up. Gets your legs a little numb though. Gotta shake them out good before landing. I also like to thermal my canopy when the lift is strong enough. You have to keep in mind that others will be coming down shortly though and you don't want to be in thier air space....
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."