Unstable

I Learned Something VERY Important today that I wanted to Share....

I know exactly how you feel... I have left the dz on several occasions feeling like a big fuck up.. when I really didnt fuck anything up. I'm just so demanding of myself at times. And this sport can be scary if you let yourself believe you dont know what youre doing. Of course, you dont want to think that you know everything, either! However, I feel that after putting x amount of time and energy in to something, I should be at a certain level of accomplishment. According to my dzo and fellow jumpers, I'm way beyond the average level of accomplishment. Thats nice to hear.. except I've never been "average" at anything.
So, like you, I just need to relax and enjoy every jump.. learn something new on every jump.. and keep jumping! I love this sport and I dont do it for anyone but myself. There are days when I'm completely frustrated with myself.. but then the beer light comes on and everything seems to be ok ! :)

i can totally relate. i consider myself to be a coordinated person but sometimes in freefall there's not a trace of coordination-- i just look like a total jackass:S. i know what i'm capable of but there are times, for whatever reason, that i can't accomplish what i want to-- what i KNOW i can. this bothers me the most when i'm jumping with about 4 or 5 other people and the dive would have gone as planned IF i would've gotten there faster-- or at all. then to top it off, i see people with 100+ jumps less than me able to succeed at what i couldn't. there's been dozens of times where i've been on a group dive and it was someone else who floated too much or went low or never made it in, and i think nothing of it or nothing less of them. but when it's ME and someone tries to tell me it's no big deal and don't get mad about it, those words mean nothing and i'm still pissed off at myself when i go to bed. i need to change my attitude-- maybe i'll start working on that this weekend[:/].