Kid_Icarus

A really graphic Picture Skydiving?

I got a similar e-mail from a frend but the picture was a bit blury and looked like it was alterd. Also the guy was wearing regular work clothes like a contruction worker or somthing. This one was titled "So you want to skydive" IT was predtty ugly but defintly didnt look real.

It looked real to me.

Michael

all new students should be shown photos of what might happen.

At least what might happen to your canopy, in terms of identifing a ball of shit vs snivel vs streamer.

I agree that showing students pics of bounced jumpers is not productive and inappropriate.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

At least what might happen to your canopy, in terms of identifing a ball of shit vs snivel vs streamer. At least what might happen to your canopy, in terms of identifing a ball of shit vs snivel vs streamer.

I totally agree with you. It is important to show students malfuntions that they may have to deal with. That is a must.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

This was a reply to a post from a new jumper. No one wants to see any injuries. Why would anyone support someone sending a unsulicited photo, or in this form support someone trying to discourage a fellow jumper from jumping?

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

On TV I saw something very similar (one of those Emergency Medicine shows on The Learning Channel maybe). A man was impaled with a 2X4 as a result of an automobile accident. The 2X4 went completely through his abdomen and out the back. He survived with the loss of a kidney and maybe some other minor parts