Zoso

Water Training

Can anyone refer me to a drop zone which offers complete B-license water landing training AND is willing to let me rent their equipment for the jump so that I don't have to get mine wet. I live in central Indiana and am willing to drive to a surrounding state.

Thanks,
Gary

I did my water training at Perris and I didn't need to rent gear for the water training. The instructor just threw a canopy over the pool and gave me a rig to put on and I just had to jump in the pool and swim under the canopy and then swim back under it, get out of the rig and hand it to him.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

A live jump is not required. Most likely you will put on an old unairworthy student rig, get in a hotel pool or pond, and do the thing. Expect to pay anywhere from a case of beer to $40 for the training, depending on where you do it.

I'd ask around your DZ and the other local DZs first. Most likely you'll find somebody doing one in the near future. If that doesn't work out, Chicagoland Skydiviving Center in Hinckley, IL (3-4 hours from Sheridan) is doing water training the morning of the 18th. Details here.

Like Anne said, check out Archway. They do water training about once a month over the summer. It is $15 which includes the gear, and it takes about an hour or two sunday morning (depends on class size). I would assume Greensburg and Wayne County both do water training...have you checked with them?

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Thanks to all for the help. Obviously I didn't read my SIM close enough - I thought a real jump was required. Archway has been on my "to do" list so I will probably give them a call as soon as I can.

Gary