jannu

1031 exits from one Twin Otter in a day

Hello!

Just got back from our DZ www.laskuvarjokerho.com ... 58 loads today, total 1031 exits made by around 80-100 jumpers from one twOtter (OH-SLK).

Started at 9am and the last load landed at late sunset about 8.30pm.

What a rush... the mission was to make 1000 jumps from our plane in one day... at first it seemed a bit tough to accomplish.. at the end it was not so hard with fellow jumpers who were committed to do it!

Maybe this is some sort of world record?

Greetings from Finland!!!

So that's 17 or 18 people per load, and each load about 11.9 min, not allowing for the inevitable refueling, loading ect,

What was your exit altitude?

Congrattulations, I doubt it's been done before.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

yeah... the loads were from 11 to 21 persons aboard... We also have two pilots in the plane..

Exit altitude was around 3300ft.. on some loads even 4000ft!!! :P

We loaded the plane exceptionally at the beginning of the runway. The plane landed and taxied down to where we were waiting.. At the busiest airport in our country.. The tower and APP where really co-operating.. everything went really well.

Refuelling after maybe each eight loads...

It took around 4 minutes after the take-off for people to start popping out the door of the plane.. maybe a bit more.

I jumped 14 jumps... now I feel it in my back and knees.. don't feel like doing it again tomorrow. Jumping yes, just not for 14 times :)
It was also a bit strange for statistics... not a single reserve ride! One broken ankle and two sore thumbs.

Soooooo much fun... B|

My record so far is only 6 jumps in one day, spread over about 10 hours. Still, they were all AFF consol jumps and it was great to get so many out the way in one go. Finished the day knackered but it felt like my head was still in the clouds for hours after de-kitting.